Locking down Cooler

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
Any good ideas on how to lock down my ice / fish cooler on back deck? I have a generator box in the way where I would normally bolt some plates. There is a new boat in the works and I would like to leave the generator removal, or not , up to new owner.
I'm leaning towards the yeti flush mount fasteners , with some tie downs.
Or maybe just a simple ratchet strap around the cooler and gen box for know let the new guy make the call.

Any inventive ideas?

image.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
I've seen some pretty inventive mounting plates for bonar boxes around town, but all a bit perminant . Any body use the sea sucker mounts. Not sure the could hold a 220qt cooler in the snot. Anybody?

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
These have worked great for our Xactics box. You mount the L bracket to the box, and screw down the little metal squares into the deck. We put two in opposite corners of the box- cause at $35 a pop we just couldn't justify buying four of them.

Also, not sure of you have a plan for it, but these hinges work great for the top.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Yes , thank you that's what I was looking for. Rather then fab something up . Thank you very much.
What size cooler do you use? This is the idea I had in my head , not a long term mount but just curious if a set of two on opposite corners will hold a 220 cooler full of ice?

Last edited:

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
Here's the best picture of the box I can drum up on the ipad right now.

I know the mounts don't look like much, but we've had this box loaded full with 5 cans of bunker chum and ice and never had a hint of a problem, offshore and all.

image.jpg

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Wicked cooler , I posted the sellers info a while back . Tried to get him to advertise on the site . He said if he got a few orders from guys on the debf he would give us a discount. Nothing ever came of it but tell Mel you saw it on this site
Www.wickedcooler.com

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

joelucci33

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.nepoutdoors.com
NOt sure the brand but looks like this works awesome get it at lowes or home dumpo
35d2bf6e-fd75-49c8-9515-1eec13da36b0_300.jpg

What kind of industrial matt, do you know the mfg

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I had one of those anti-fatigue mats (w/ the round holes- from Sam's Club I think) in my wheelhouse to stand on, but after a while it started wearing an imprint onto the deck. My mat was red and it looked like red dirt rubbing off the mat, granted I had it for a few years.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Think ill go with a small quarter inch plate on my deck rather then a 1 1/2 " piece of board glued to the deck, but thanks all for the suggestions.

Top Bottom