Longliner Offload

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
So I really need to go home, this were off a Japanese longliner working out of Guam/Saipan. There are atleast four out of here, interesting how the are allowed to fish here in a sense.

One thing that I do wonder about is I've always heard how Japanese longliners use green sticks inbetween time frames. I was in southern japan over the winter and saw the larger longliners with no green sticks. I also got to work an area SE of Japan where they were setting up for bigeye/yellowfin and didn't see them there. These are little coastal, to me, boats they do long lining with, still havent seen a green stick.

I'd love to get over on these boats for a few minutes. Its funny because at the end of the day they are all sitting on the stern cooking and bullshitting just like all of us do. I heard you can get a 30-40lb core for a $20 phone card.

Wish I had a better quality shot... To me all that I saw being unloaded was good sized 60-75lb+ cores.

tuna.jpg

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I wish I had my better camera and trying to figure out how to get over to where they unload. Its weird because I know the crews cannot leave the boat, the captain is the only one with a visa and they have an agreement to only purchase food and oil on the island, nothing else. Weird little thing I wish I could figure more about it. I saw them making up rigs the other day but only the clip end, would love to trade a couple burgers for a couple hooks, ill take that over a tourist shirt lol...

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Oh yeah, they didnt like pictures being taken... Not like they were unloaded small fish either...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom