looking for a 26'to 28' downeast boat

guitarman

1st Mate
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Hardtop
I'm new to this web site ive' learn alot from all you downeast boat onwers so thank you. The last 10 years or so i've been cruising from seattle to northen Canada, ive made the trip in several differant boats from a 29' regal express cruiser to a 28' sail boat the lastest trip on a seaway 25 coastal cruiser that i bought it is a great little boat.
now i would like a true downeast boat boat i'm thinking a skeg boat the problem is i live in Montana so i have to be able to trailer the boat to seattle which is about 450 miles. so 28' by 10' foot beam is about as big as i can go. i've thought about a dyer 29' or a Cape dory 28'. In the pacific north west you really need a pilot house or full cabin .
would it be possible to extend the cabin on say a dyer 29 and make it look factory or close i don't like the after market look at all. And what would doing that cost? or are there some other boats i should think about maybe a webbers cove 26?any ideas would be great. I'm not sure why the downeast hulls have not caught on in the pacific north west to me they seem superior in about every way for a cruising boat with there semi displacement hulls I wouldn't mind taking and older boat and restoring it. thanks for your time.

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
I'm new to this web site ive' learn alot from all you downeast boat onwers so thank you. The last 10 years or so i've been cruising from seattle to northen Canada, ive made the trip in several differant boats from a 29' regal express cruiser to a 28' sail boat the lastest trip on a seaway 25 coastal cruiser that i bought it is a great little boat.
now i would like a true downeast boat boat i'm thinking a skeg boat the problem is i live in Montana so i have to be able to trailer the boat to seattle which is about 450 miles. so 28' by 10' foot beam is about as big as i can go. i've thought about a dyer 29' or a Cape dory 28'. In the pacific north west you really need a pilot house or full cabin .
would it be possible to extend the cabin on say a dyer 29 and make it look factory or close i don't like the after market look at all. And what would doing that cost? or are there some other boats i should think about maybe a webbers cove 26?any ideas would be great. I'm not sure why the downeast hulls have not caught on in the pacific north west to me they seem superior in about every way for a cruising boat with there semi displacement hulls I wouldn't mind taking and older boat and restoring it. thanks for your time.

This is a nice 27' Nauset with full keel, diesel, and its own trailer. The price is right too! 27' Nauset and Trailer

Top Bottom