Looking for building plans

vinicius

Ensign
Hi,

I am looking for building plans, stock plans if possible, for a DE around 30-35 ft. The only one I was able to find was Pot-Luck from Glen-L. Any advices?

pugsley

Captain
Harry Sucher, this one is 26+ and you can stretch it 10%, he also has a the same thing in a 36. 100_1102.jpg

100_1102.jpg

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
The Maine maritime museum has plans for Arno day boats.
I've got plans for a 24 and a 28, but I'm sure there are bigger sizes too. Also William lowell has the stock of royal lowell boats for sale. I can give you the address if necessary

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
Also,
John Gardner has plans and building details for a classic 32 fooy jones porter, and a 37 foot hard chine lobster boat
Both in his book: wooden boats to build and use
Wooden boat store has lines for an Eldridge Mcinnis lobster boat around 32 I think
Doug hylan as plans for a 28 or 29 . Maybe he could expand these for you.

Last edited:

vinicius

Ensign
Thanks. As long as I see most - or all - of them are with single engine. Any idea about a twin engine model?

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
Im sure that you can find a nice sea ray with twins in it. But down-easters are designed to have one engine.

vinicius

Ensign
Yes, I know De are designed to be single engine. However my intention is to use it in Brazil, and once one venture a bit offshore(more than 20 NM) you are basically on your own. If you have an engine problem it will be quite difficult to get somebody to help you, there is no Coastguard and the Navy only helps if you are sinking. So a twin installation is a good safe precaution on Brazilian waters.

I have found this one:
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/at...isplacement-semi-displacement-hull-espoir.jpg

However it is the only draw I find from it. I was looking for something similar.

Anyway thanks for all information given here.

And no, I am not looking for Sea Ray.

Carroll Lowell downeast plans

If you are looking for plans for a beautiful and efficient down east lobster style design, I would contact Jamie or Joe Lowell at Lowell Brother's. They can provide you with plans that were drawn by their dad, Carroll . There are several designs in that size range.

Jesse lowell

Lieutenant Commander
Carroll Lowell downeast plans

If you are looking for plans for a beautiful and efficient down east lobster style design, I would contact Jamie or Joe Lowell at Lowell Brother's. They can provide you with plans that were drawn by their dad, Carroll . There are several designs in that size range.

I would personally contact Jesse Lowell instead. lol!

Top Bottom