Looking for Fishing boat...

Morning Dew

Ensign
Looking for a Fishing boat...

Looking for a Fishing boat 34-38' for some chartering, mostly comercial tuna fishing. Preferably hrs below 2500. Would like cockpit controls and pot hauler, but not a must. Price below 160k. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Wasn't there a lively discussion on here about this particular vessel and the seller not too long ago?

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Reminds me of buying a Northern Bay 36 back in 2002. We agreed on a price, went home to send the check for the deposit, he refused it. A few days later we agreed on the same price again, sent the check and he refused it. Game over, a year later the boat finally sold...

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Reminds me of buying a Northern Bay 36 back in 2002. We agreed on a price, went home to send the check for the deposit, he refused it. A few days later we agreed on the same price again, sent the check and he refused it. Game over, a year later the boat finally sold...

ya know every one is sitting on a goldmine now that this show in on nat geo, you to could be the next millionaire blufin fisherman. maybe you should put yours up, 175K :grin:

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I already thought about flipping it, but figure with bluefin at $20-25 averages not so sure anymore ;)

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I dont know, I always seem to judge fisherman on "how new" their truck is... So funny how many times they tell me its been a horrible year but they show up with a new 2500 but they never use it for fishing, maybe it see's the liferaft...

Ahh not always true, but you know what I mean... I think some of it is true in the trades too...

Morning Dew

Ensign
Thank you Tuna Hotline.... That is a great looking boat..... I really am looking for an enclosed cabin and a flush deck motor. Again, great looking boat, just not exactly what I am looking for..... Any other leads out there would be greatly appreciated!. Thank you

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
I dont know, I always seem to judge fisherman on "how new" their truck is... So funny how many times they tell me its been a horrible year but they show up with a new 2500 but they never use it for fishing, maybe it see's the liferaft...

Ahh not always true, but you know what I mean... I think some of it is true in the trades too...

lol so true!!

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Star, how 'bout some more info on that rig. I'm not in the market, but I'm curious as to who built her and when, some history. I like the layout. Looks like a pretty versatile boat. Twin 671's? What kind of bottom does she have?

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
Star, how 'bout some more info on that rig. I'm not in the market, but I'm curious as to who built her and when, some history. I like the layout. Looks like a pretty versatile boat. Twin 671's? What kind of bottom does she have?

Built by Stevensen finished off by Merritt.
COI of 49 passengers
Custom glass job by Merrit when new
twin 671's naturals
generator
sleeps 8 comfortably
boat has made the trip from NY to Florida keyes every year for years for the winter
double elctronics
huge cockpit
tuna tower
aluminum wheelhouse
pot hauler with aluminum anchor tree
awlgripped from the deck to wheelhouse 2012
hull done 2009
color TV in cabin
satellite radio
custom aluminum filet table 2013
1.1 miles per gallon doing 11 knots
had it up to 17 in a hard tide with gods prayer behind it.
1450 RPM's boat does 10 knots showing no heat on PYRO's
Coast Guard Inspected 100 miles, 49 passengers with a stability of 77...
full galley

IMG00931-20111109-1249.jpg

IMG00930-20111109-1242.jpg

ostar 4 ..jpg

2079968401103.jpg

8623078401103[1].jpg

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
Built by Stevensen finished off by Merritt.
COI of 49 passengers
Custom glass job by Merrit when new
twin 671's naturals
generator
sleeps 8 comfortably
boat has made the trip from NY to Florida keyes every year for years for the winter
double elctronics
huge cockpit
tuna tower
aluminum wheelhouse
pot hauler with aluminum anchor tree
awlgripped from the deck to wheelhouse 2012
hull done 2009
color TV in cabin
satellite radio
custom aluminum filet table 2013
1.1 miles per gallon doing 11 knots
had it up to 17 in a hard tide with gods prayer behind it.
1450 RPM's boat does 10 knots showing no heat on PYRO's
Coast Guard Inspected 100 miles, 49 passengers with a stability of 77...
full galley

this boat has single levers and is the most comfortable boat i have ever run. without our pride and joy of the fleet. pure elegance. no speed demon but handles the east end of Long Island perfectly.

Email Blast.jpg

orient star 4 starb stern corner in freeport.jpg

orient star 4 from port.jpg

Orient Star off Gardiners Cropped.jpg

Morning Dew

Ensign
Still looking for fishing boat

I have gotten some great leads that I am following... I am still exploring all options. Looking for boat 34-38'. Lower hrs. Preferably rigged up for fishing. Large cockpit, pot hauler, cockpit controls, good electronics etc., or at least some of those options. Looking to spend up to 150k. I look on all the usual sight brokerage sights daily. Any leads that are not on those sights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Top Bottom