Looking for green crabs/whiteleggers

Angler2184

Lieutenant
I run a party boat in OCMD and I am looking for some green crabs,whiteleggers,or hermits. They are nowhere to be found down this way right now....Thanks for the help...

Angler2184

Lieutenant
Any from me would be up in Maine, might be able to handle those for you this summer if we get into crabbing.

I appreciate the info, but we only tog fish during the winter and spring....during the summer months we are Seabass and flounder fishing.

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
we have a market here, the snail guys use them for bait and the tog guys too. we usually have enough supply of our own but sometimes it gets tight down here.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I'm guessing you don't have whiteleggers down your way ?? must be some kind of junk crabs on the sandy bottom ?? Get a couple of lobster traps or even blue claw traps, tighten up the vents and make a "test set" you might be surprised ??

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Definitely would be interested if I could pick them up in pt pleasant

I don't know if they could catch you some green crabs in maine this time of year but if they could it might be worth the ride up there and bring back 50 bushels, sell to the other boats for a nice profit ??? Try posting on https://www.facebook.com/groups/265498650209173/
Maine Commercial Fishing gear, Swap/Sell you might find more crabs than you know what to do with !!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/265498650209173/

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Something like that maybe.
Been looking to establish a market for those little bastards, people will get them but right now they just go under the boot.

You guys are squishing quarters under them boots !! there's money in them little bastages.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
I get 35$$$ a bushel for them. Can move 30 bushells a week in peak tog season.

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
I have 5 crates full that have been floating at my dock since the fall. If they are still kicking I would like to get rid of them.

Angler2184

Lieutenant
I can usually catch the white ones in our back bays but the water temp is too cold right now, it needs to warm up probably 3-5 degrees.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom