Looking for information on AHG Boats

PaulS

Ensign
Boat Make
Alpha One by AHG
The boats were built in Mystic CT from 1979 to 1989. Looking for information about re-powering and if the molds have been or are being used by a different manufacturer. It is 23 feet and currently has a Volvo AQ 151.

IMG_4999.jpg

restless

Rear Admiral
I seem to recall those boats advertised in National Fisherman years ago. Very interesting looking 23ft. Can you tell us a little bit about it. Specs, performance,etc. Good luck with your search. I'm betting some one here has some info for you. Was that boat marketed as the "Alpha" ?

Last edited:

PaulS

Ensign
Boat Make
Alpha One by AHG
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if the boat was marketed as the alpha. The only information I could find was through the manufactures code AHW. As for specs all I can say is that she is a well built solid glass 1980 hull about an 8 ft beam and the inboard volvo AQ151 gives me about 15 knots.

22novicc

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
22’ David J Smith, 29” H&H
i dont know a lot about it but my dad and i bought one about a year ago that we have been rebuilding. the title says its an alpha. mine is an outboard, but i think maybe they had used the same mold and cut the keel off.

DSCF0749.jpg

DSCF0756.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

boatout.jpg

1stpaint.jpg

PaulS

Ensign
Boat Make
Alpha One by AHG
the house looks great. what year is the hull? Have you picked an engine yet?

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
Agh

Looks like a boat that sold at a auction in Franklin Ct a few years back and then showed up at a YC around E Hartford last year. someone at the auction said the boat was built at Noank Shipyard for a short time. It had a 90hp merc on it ,i think , it was a 90 HP
Nice lines good luck with the build
bob

22novicc

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
We got this one about a year and a half ago from YC in portland CT, i think it was an auction or estate sale the guy had got it from with the intention of restoring it but never did anything. the engine on it is an 90hp mariner and the paperwork that came with it says it was started and ran in 2008, and winterized after then. but has been sitting since then. we still have some hope that it will run, but if not i think we will try to find something used around the same HP.
this hull is from 1979 and the paperwork says it was 1 of 4 or 5 that were ever made.

Last edited:

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
Thats it

Thats the boat i saw at Portland , first rt across the bridge, i thought e hartford
but it was portland ct . it sold for 13 or 1400 i stopped at 1 K thats all i had , cash only . The motor was winterized before the auction . When i get a chance i'll call the mech that did it . Do you know Eric the mech from E Ct .
Bob

PaulS

Ensign
Boat Make
Alpha One by AHG
I paid $4200.00 for my inboard model. Looked at it for 10 minutes started the engine paid full asking price.

22novicc

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
The build is going well we're almost done exactly 2 years from when we started it. We got slowed up a little waiting for a few parts for the steering and waiting for a mechanic to get the engine running after it's been sitting for many years

image.jpg

22novicc

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
We still have to paint the floor finish up a few other things but we're hoping to have it in the water to test it out by next week

image.jpg

22novicc

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
It will only let me do one picture at a time from my ipad

image.jpg

SHORT STEP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp / midland
Looks good

Looks way better than id did in Portland . Its a lot of work .
Where are you going to keep it ?
Bob

Top Bottom