Looking for slip for Nantucket Big Game Battle

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Looking for a slip from 8/5-8/8 in Nantucket boat basin for the Big Game Battle. Needs to be able to fit 52’x19’ boat. Thanks!

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Sounds made up but, my wife’s cousin’s friend is close friends with a former Red Sox player.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Sounds made up but, my wife’s cousin’s friend is close friends with a former Red Sox player.
Not made up. That is the only way to get into that event. I have tried many times to get in, no dice. Lots of blue marlin around at the moment. I had a bunch around me the other day. One of them followed the dredge right up to the back of the boat. It was longer than the stern. Big girl. They are eating 20 lb yf all day long.

Last edited:

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Not made up. That is the only way to get into that event. I have tried many times to get in, no dice. Lots of blue marlin around at the moment. I had a bunch around me the other day. One of them followed the dredge right up to the back of the boat. It was longer than the stern. Big girl. They are eating 20 lb yf all day long.
Good to know. What canyon?

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
The hot water was in gilbert and the deep water out to 4000 between gilbert and ocean, 80 degrees. Loaded with blue marlin. Very clean blue water. When your reeling in the rat yf dont be supprised if they come up and eat the yf right on your rig. Drop in free spool and your tight. They are hanging right with the small yf. Water was moving west. I will be back out this week trolling for them. That water has a strong connection to the stream and getting even better.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Forgot to mention. They are all over the dredge. Get your baits above the dredge maybe 60 feet off the stern.

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Forgot to mention. They are all over the dredge. Get your baits above the dredge maybe 60 feet off the stern.
Good information thanks. Yeah the boat I canyon fish on has 2 dredges so we’ll definitely be using them.

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Just looked at navionics where is Gilbert? I’ve never fished there.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Its north of ocean. Next one up. The water in between out in the deep is where they are. When you find the rat yf in that hot water you will be on them. Thete are some very big eyeballs eating them as well. Spanish mac pitch baits work well.

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
I run two dredges as well but i put two back to back on the lp to make the image bigger. They were all over it.

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
Thanks!

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
I run two dredges as well but i put two back to back on the lp to make the image bigger. They were all over it.
Yeah one of the dredges we use is a double and is the mud flap style.

FullMonty

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Brandon
Boat Make
General Marine
My wife’s cousins boat 52’ Viking Crux out of Falmouth

1rider

Commander
Someone got my buddy in this year. One of these years i will get in.

We, (the boat I fish on) got in last year. Covid nonsense took some of the fun out of the on land festivities otherwise a fun tournament. The boat is fishing it again this year, sadly I can’t make it.

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom