Looking into adding a bowrail to my 35 Tjason.I don’t love them but Sara insisting.Any advise?

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I picked up a used stainless rail from a Fortier 26 to install on my H&H Opened it a little to accommodate the extra 6" in width. Cut the rear legs down 4" and added 4 1/2' to the front legs. Its getting powder coated grey to match my radar mast to cut light glare at night.

View attachment 101788

View attachment 101789

View attachment 101790
I didn't need to post my question on a good looking bowrail suggestion for my 27 H&H !
Jeeze that looks nice and safe !
three legs on each side ?
I'm curious?? Where do you figure the front top rail will be in your line of site above on plane?
As Tuna suggested?

Windward

Ensign
I didn't need to post my question on a good looking bowrail suggestion for my 27 H&H !
Jeeze that looks nice and safe !
three legs on each side ?
I'm curious?? Where do you figure the front top rail will be in your line of site above on plane?
As Tuna suggested?
Looks good Bill.Where you added length did you use couplings or have welded?

STCL

Lieutenant
Hi Bill
Yes , 3 legs on each side.

I cut the rear legs down 3” and extended the front legs about 4 1/2”
I’m about 27” high at the bow
Line of sight should be good, I’m 6’2” and will be looking well under the rail while under way
Everything is a welded connection
(Pipe in a pipe at the forward splice joint)

Willie

Lieutenant
I just purchased a 35' TJason. Original owner put a bow rail from a Duffy on it... my mates where pretty happy when they first saw it.. add in a non skid deck paint and running to the bow in any seas becomes a little safer... I don't think it affects the looks .. View attachment 110177
This is willie frm wicked boats I now own the former tjason molds.do you have any more pic of that boat

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
this SS bowrail was made new. $1950 and change.
I like the clean look too....but a 50F-55F water splash from the bow would be a shocker for the ticker for sure.....and you have to get back in the boat !
I'd rather be safer up front !

IMG_4500.jpeg

Top Bottom