Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
They may not want to promote throw away electronics :rolleyes:

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I have used there older plotter with great success I thought there stuff was not bad I'd buy one after using

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
I'll second googan, also when my unit was 3 years old, it got smashed. Called lowrance, they said send it in with a $99 check. 2 days later i got a brand new unit.

Not everyone has the coin for 11K worth of commercial gear.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I'll second googan, also when my unit was 3 years old, it got smashed. Called lowrance, they said send it in with a $99 check. 2 days later i got a brand new unit.

Not everyone has the coin for 11K worth of commercial gear.
I used on what could be the best sick boat in the north east and its close to 10years on the boat and works great good charts fast and big and best part cheap

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
I hope it works out for you! My Lowrance experience was not so good. I bought an LX15-MT in 2000, a combo FF & plotter. It had a habit of burning out transducers at about 18 month intervals. I bought an Airmar and that solved the problem but I had a few glitches with the plotter, needed a software update a couple times, chart froze repeatedly and they finally replaced the display with a standard repair charge in year 5. Sold the boat the following year.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Bill sorry to hear, my personal experience with lowrance has been great, their support has been fantastic, not once either multiple times. And i usually only buy products based on how a company supports it. For example blue seas, i will only by blue seas panels, because of the service and support, charles chargers is another one, good windlass too. I have had all great experience withe support. a product in my eyes is only as good as support. everything fails or breaks eventually thats a given

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
Hey Jersey,

I sincerely apologize for not posting up the rebates for Lowrance as well as the others for Simrad, Furuno, etc. I know it's not an excuse, but I've been working double time on catching up since winter vacation and traveling the boat show circuit, and most importantly getting quotes out to people as well as handling the normal operations here for my techs, and with the weather being so unforgiving, it's bee March to keep all my guys busy, and I haven't been able to post NEARLY as much over the past month as I would like to. My nights have been spent working on our company website, we're building our E-Commerce page and trying to develop and add as much content as possible for the main page (installation images, videos, Facebook integration, etc) so not only have I not been able to get on the forum as much, I haven't been able to focus on the female situation as well as the usual YachtWorld searches for the perfect boat. Still though, not an excuse, just a small explanation appealing for forgiveness.

Like I said, no excuse, as I try to keep everyone informed on any kind of promo available. To be honest, while we don't have a huge market here for Lowrance gear, we've had some pretty good success with the HDS Gen2 units. While we don't have a lot of boats that can handle the StructureScan, we've done some outboard boats with the setup and in the shallower waters it's been pretty impressive, even in salt water. While some of the older Lowrances might have been hit or miss, since Navico has taken over they've done a pretty good job of customer support, and for people who aren't looking to break the bank, we do suggest looking at Lowrance for a solid GPS/FF combo display. Both the HDS and Elite units have been kind to us, knock on wood!

Good luck with your new setup, you'll love the 3G scanner!! Best radar bang for the buck on the market.

Ultimate Upgrade - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics

get it while you can I am,

little disappointed in the electronics retailers on this site for not putting it out there

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Hey Jersey,

I sincerely apologize for not posting up the rebates for Lowrance as well as the others for Simrad, Furuno, etc. I know it's not an excuse, but I've been working double time on catching up since winter vacation and traveling the boat show circuit, and most importantly getting quotes out to people as well as handling the normal operations here for my techs, and with the weather being so unforgiving, it's bee March to keep all my guys busy, and I haven't been able to post NEARLY as much over the past month as I would like to. My nights have been spent working on our company website, we're building our E-Commerce page and trying to develop and add as much content as possible for the main page (installation images, videos, Facebook integration, etc) so not only have I not been able to get on the forum as much, I haven't been able to focus on the female situation as well as the usual YachtWorld searches for the perfect boat. Still though, not an excuse, just a small explanation appealing for forgiveness.

Like I said, no excuse, as I try to keep everyone informed on any kind of promo available. To be honest, while we don't have a huge market here for Lowrance gear, we've had some pretty good success with the HDS Gen2 units. While we don't have a lot of boats that can handle the StructureScan, we've done some outboard boats with the setup and in the shallower waters it's been pretty impressive, even in salt water. While some of the older Lowrances might have been hit or miss, since Navico has taken over they've done a pretty good job of customer support, and for people who aren't looking to break the bank, we do suggest looking at Lowrance for a solid GPS/FF combo display. Both the HDS and Elite units have been kind to us, knock on wood!

Good luck with your new setup, you'll love the 3G scanner!! Best radar bang for the buck on the market.

4G ;) and stop slackin

Top Bottom