Maine Boatbuilders Show this weekend

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
My wife and I will be in Portland this weekend. She'll be thrilled to find out there's a boat show in town. Will probably go for a few hours to check things out but not sure which day.

Last edited:

Rockasauras

Captain
I only see two lobster boat builders in the line up??

I also noticed ...or noticed the lack of those builders as compared to 07' 08' shows. Not only here but in general at most venues ie. Atlantic City and so on. Some of these shows fill up space with frying pan salesman, magic spot remover charlatan's and trinket displays....sign of the times I suppose. The cost of setting up and buying floor space at some of these facilities is very expensive. Just spoke to a dealer at the Philadelphia boat show who had nothing but tire kickers and no sales ! Yikes.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
The dealers I've talked to at shows tell they don't usually sell many boats at the shows but they make a lot of contacts which result in follow-up sales. Can't wait - I need a new set of Shamwow's :mrgreen:

jrg

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Eastern 24
I'll be there on Saturday... I'm sure it will be the usual suspects. Read somewhere that the guys from Artisan Boatworks were showing this restore of a 1957 Newbert & Wallace. Should be pretty impressive and I will stop by to take a look.

VIM

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Went to the show first thing this morning. Lots of small boats, service and accessory vendors. Got some good info and took some pics. Will post when we get home.

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
Went on Friday late morning to early afternoon. It was busy. VIM was very cool.
SW and Wilbur were there and I did see some of the other builders around. Cummings and John Deere also there. Some smaller (boat size) builders and sailboat builders (Hood, Classic Boatshop, and Brooklin Boatyard) too. I spoke with the Harrier rep (not a DE) and he indicated business is starting to pick up for them. Eastern and Rossborough were represented and PADEBCO too. The SISU 22 was on display. It seems some brokerage boats are starting to move too. The show is open on Sunday. I go to this show every year and I like to go Friday if I can.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl

These Salty's are neat little boats. I think he had an 8', 10' and the 14' on the bottom.

Talked to this guy from KPYY for a while. Couldn't believe how small the 200hp Steyr diesel was.

Top Bottom