Maine vacation

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Wife wants to go to Maine this summer for a week. I am looking for some suggestions on where to stay, what to do. I have been to Maine a few times scouting out boats but that's the extent of my visits there. Any info is very appreciated. Thanks.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Good point! Wife might not like it but the kids will.

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
Good point! Wife might not like it but the kids will.
Hello, do it over Father's Day and you get a two for one. Rockland Lobster Boat race is on Father's Day and is right out on the cove side of the breakwater. You could stay at the Samoset Resort (check pricing) or the Hampton Inn on Route 1 in Thomaston. There are also a bunch of other hotel/motels. Lot's of stuff to do around Camden and Rockland area, you are about 2 hours from Bar Harbor and MDI so that could be a good day trip downeast. Boothbay race is the Saturday of that same weekend and Boothbay is about 45 minutes south on Route 1 from Rockland. This way your right in Mid Coast Maine in the heart of it all, close to almost everything and plenty of fresh seafood around.

Peter

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Wife wants to go to Maine this summer for a week. I am looking for some suggestions on where to stay, what to do. I have been to Maine a few times scouting out boats but that's the extent of my visits there. Any info is very appreciated. Thanks.

Visit a few boat shops, I'm sure your wife will appreciate the dust and resin :-D.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Last week of July or first week of August. I have a few boat shops to visit while I am there trust me!

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Last week of July or first week of August. I have a few boat shops to visit while I am there trust me!

You want a beautiful lake for the wife and kids to enjoy?
Rent a cottage on Lake Wassookeag, Dexter Maine!
Get away form ocean/boat stuff for a change!

I haven't been up there in 40 years, don't think it's changed much ! :D

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
Moose pond is a great spot also, far enough away , but close enough to hang out in Conway. Have a family spot that's always up for rent . On the lake with a dock. Kayaks , paddle boards, etc.

Chum Pot

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Parker
we went to Blue Hills last yer and rent a house on a lake from home away dot com. The Blue Hill fair was great, Acadia close by, and Stonington and other short drives. Nice mix of woods, ocean , boats, hiking, and lakes.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Mike,

I hope you kept your white license plates. If you have the orange plates as soon as you cross the border they will know someone from away is in the state and change you accordingly. :eek: ROTFLOL :D:D

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
A nice day trip is to ride the Laura B out Monhegan Island. Just google Mondhegan Boat Line and read all about it.

Top Bottom