CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30

Palawanbound

Lieutenant
Boat Make
30 ft Flowers
Crazy tho to spend $400,000 when they got newbie wardens runnin around in open consoles in my area with evinrude etecs on their last leg,telling them there is no money & then they buy this boat,nice job.The poor Bastards are going out to Isle Au Haut in the piss pots I just don't get it but better them than me.

33youngbrothers

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
33' YB
Cost me over 900 bucks a season for my license and tags. Atleast I see where the money is going. Wonder why they need a new smaller boat to go out when they have a nice 46 footer that barely gets used

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Cost me over 900 bucks a season for my license and tags. Atleast I see where the money is going. Wonder why they need a new smaller boat to go out when they have a nice 46 footer that barely gets used
ah....because this country is fucked up....in one breath they say we have no money and then spend 400 grand on a boat or new fire truck...years ago municipalities had vehicles for 20 plus years....now a days they look for any reason to buy a new one....every time they vote in a new chief ..new vehicles...it's bullshit

kmac

Commander
ah....because this country is fucked up....in one breath they say we have no money and then spend 400 grand on a boat or new fire truck...years ago municipalities had vehicles for 20 plus years....now a days they look for any reason to buy a new one....every time they vote in a new chief ..new vehicles...it's bullshit

What really pisses me off is not only do we have to buy the fire truck but we have to wait in traffic when they use it to block all lanes while collecting overtime for every fender bender. I guess they have to block traffic since they are too f#$%ing stupid to keep from wandering into oncoming traffic.

swboatworks

Lieutenant
Thanks Dave for posting! She came out great. If it makes anyone feel better, The Federal money and the money from the sale of the old Marine patrol boat all went to a good cause.
It is good to put Our, (mine also) tax payers money into the boat building industry or any industry that is working for the money. So much Of our tax payers money is going to welfare. Alot of those folks are earning their paycheck on the couch. That is pretty disturbing.
I hope all of those wardens that are out there in small,warn out boats get new ones to make their job safe. Dont get me wrong. I am a conservative but this was money well spent.
It is good to know that If I am off shore in distress that a Marine Warden has a vsl capable of getting to my location to save my butt. Sometimes the CG cant be everywhere all the time.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
I am sure the boat will get plenty of use for lots of missions. I am sure they will haul gear when needed, use it for serarch and rescue and plenty of patrols especially in the winter as the bugs are further offshore. Safety should come first and Stew brought up some good points. At least they are supporting a Maine business, run by folks in Maine who pay federal and Maine taxes and recieved an end product will outlast most of the Warden's careers now on the water.

We have several SAFE boats in MA purchased by fire departments, Environmental Police, and harbormasters with most of the funding coming directly out of the Port Security Grant Program. Yes as tax payers we are paying for these boats as muchc as the farmer in Iowa. With his supplements for milk, grain and farm aid the taxpayers on the East Coast are paying for that also.

Be blessed that the state of Maine has spent the money wisely, here in MA we have an outgoing Governor who has dreams of sitting i the Whitehouse who is have a NINE MILLION DOLLAR office renovation in his corner office of the statehouse.

I agree with Stew, the Coast Guard is spread too thin in a big state llike Maine and time in a distress situation is of the essence. Now if the boat just sits at a dock, takes warden's families out on joy rides I would be pissed also.

Dave

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
They have a fast, first class boat that will last for many years. Beautiful boat.

33youngbrothers

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
33' YB
True atleast they came to a Maine builder for a boat.

I wanna know why my trap tags that used to be produced in Maine are now going to a company in mass. Think they'd want to help out local Maine business?

Overkill

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44 Calvin Beal
True atleast they came to a Maine builder for a boat.

I wanna know why my trap tags that used to be produced in Maine are now going to a company in mass. Think they'd want to help out local Maine business?

They never have been made in Maine, the last company was Stoffel Seals Co. from Nyack NY. but made at a plant in Georgia. The contract goes out to bid every few years and was awarded to a different company this time. I don't recall that company name or where they are made.

33youngbrothers

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
33' YB
They never have been made in Maine, the last company was Stoffel Seals Co. from Nyack NY. but made at a plant in Georgia. The contract goes out to bid every few years and was awarded to a different company this time. I don't recall that company name or where they are made.

I thought top me used to make them?

Think my box of tags said something about Cambridge? Maybe that's not a mass company?

Bad Influence

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Wayne Beal
if it is Cambridge Ma...then not even part of USA...peoples republic....elliagle alians welcome...home of Havaad libs....you work..they take.

Stew and Dave hit the nail square on:grin:

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

sidejob

Lieutenant
Boat Make
novi
fines

looks like the working class are going to pay for that boat this year! I bet they're will be alot more fines this year!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom