Mako Magnet

leaky

Vice Admiral
I had one in the outboard bracket of my last boat, glued down.

Yes they definitely work, not in a ground breaking manner, but the sharks are attracted to them.

At the same time, sharks are attracted seemingly to anything, a bright colored object floating in the water, banging the side of the hull, a diesel/motor oil slick - their drive seems to be meandering around investigating what they sense, even if they are not necessarily hungry, that's just how they are programmed. You could probably play the beastie boys into the water and eventually some shark is going to come along and bump the speaker.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

MAArcher

Captain
I had one in the outboard bracket of my last boat, glued down.

Yes they definitely work, not in a ground breaking manner, but the sharks are attracted to them.

At the same time, sharks are attracted seemingly to anything, a bright colored object floating in the water, banging the side of the hull, a diesel/motor oil slick - their drive seems to be meandering around investigating what they sense, even if they are not necessarily hungry, that's just how they are programmed. You could probably play the beastie boys into the water and eventually some shark is going to come along and bump the speaker.
Oh my God, it's a mirage, I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage!

Who wouldn't come around if you were blasting Beastie Boys!?!

leaky

Vice Admiral
Yep the did. As I say. "Anything works sometimes, Nothing woks all the time" :p

Ya we have thought a whole lot of different things attracted tuna, maybe one day they did - banging chains around on the deck hatches, revving the engine, generator... then some day later we decide we need to shut everything including the sonar off, take off our shoes, and quietly creep around the boat and it "works" too. White balloons, no even better clear balloons!

Far from a science :)

leaky

Vice Admiral
I like the idea of trolling and I guess it’s become my more popular for mako.

Probably isn't as effective but lately we have had more porbeagles early and threshers later in the season than anything.

Top Bottom