Male Bobcat

plowin

Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Visited brother in AK several years ago.Was hoping to see a brown bear.But while fishing different streams for salmon/trout and walking through tall brush I hoped to God that I didn't see one.I was always singing or talking loudly because I didn't have a cow bell.We had side arms also.Brother has access to some special places and takes people to view and take pics of bears.One of the guys took a pic of him taking a pic.You really have to know how to read the bears and other wildlife.

View attachment 146738
“Read the bears”???? Yeah thats what the grizzly bear guy said too.

plowin

Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I discovered bear bells, when mountain biking in Alaska. They work great when coming up on people hiking too. I ride all the time with them now. I was happy to have them in Alaska as I had an encounter with a couple of brown bears.

View attachment 146734

View attachment 146735
Bear bells are awesome right up until they become dinner bells, then not so much.

hunttr

1st Mate
First Name
Brian
Boat Make
Dyer 29
“Read the bears”???? Yeah thats what the grizzly bear guy said too.
He has some pretty crazy stories (and pics).Some invalve a particular wolf.Timothy Treadwell in my opinion didn't know what he was doing.He put himself into places where others who know there way around brown bears would never go and knew it was only a matter of time with him.Of course they are wild and there is always some risk invalved for sure!

hunttr

1st Mate
First Name
Brian
Boat Make
Dyer 29
Brother (Neil) fairly recently accompanied a film crew that was making some sort of documentary to air on Animal Channel,PBS or somthing.I didn't see it myself but he said they got some spectacular footage of two male bears fiercely fighting over a female VERY close up.So close infact they had to opeate one of the cameras by remote and then it got destroyed.He said the high speed camera that got distroyed was crazy money like 100k or more I foget.Brother was very excited about the footage that went on for some time.The film crew said they'd be lucky if 30 seconds of it gets aired.

Last edited:

Top Bottom