Marine Engines Inc. Holliston Mass?????

myentourage

Commander
Do you mean you were ripped off somehow?

Yes i purchased a 502 long block brand new and put about 2 hours of use on it and it seized up. Was suppose to come with a 1 year warranty and they took the engine back for inspection and told me that it was not covered. So to make a long story short i am out 6,500 dollars and i had to pay 5 grand to have the motor rebuilt. These guys are really scumbags and i wanted to see if anyone else was ever screwed by these guys.

Beamie

Commander
I have not dealt with them yet but in the future when/if I change out my 350 I planned on going thru them.

I really need more details for your case. What did they find during the inspection? What was the reason for not coving the one year warrantee?

You spent 5k on a rebuild when it is 6k for another new long block? Yeah it is 1k less but doesn't seem cost effective.

Like I said need more details. PM if you don't what to put on the site.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Has anyone on here ever done business with these people. They sell Crusader, Gm and other brands. I was just taken pretty hard by them and i am trying to see if i was the only one. This is there website Marine Engines Transmissions New and remanufactured

I purchased a pr. of new FWC Crusaders back in 2000 when I repowered my 28 Bertram.
No issues, all they did was ship them and of course any warranty would been with Crusader.

myentourage

Commander
I have not dealt with them yet but in the future when/if I change out my 350 I planned on going thru them.

I really need more details for your case. What did they find during the inspection? What was the reason for not coving the one year warrantee?

You spent 5k on a rebuild when it is 6k for another new long block? Yeah it is 1k less but doesn't seem cost effective.

Like I said need more details. PM if you don't what to put on the site.

The whole thing was getting very costly after i bought the new motor and it failed i was trying to save as much money as possible so i had the motor rebuilt with better parts than new. All i know is these people are really shady and you really don't know what you are getting when you buy something there. You dont have to take my word for it look at these links.

Consumer Complaints for Marine Engines Incorporated - BBB serving Eastern Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont

Marine Engines Inc Holliston Ma? - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

myentourage

Commander
I purchased a pr. of new FWC Crusaders back in 2000 when I repowered my 28 Bertram.
No issues, all they did was ship them and of course any warranty would been with Crusader.

Yes thats what i thought when i bought a new GM long block. I thought they would warranty it and they did not. Crusader may be different because they are only a marine application but i called GM direct when they denied my warranty and GM said that they cannot warranty the motor if purchased from Marine Engines. GM says that there are changes made to engine due to marine application after leaving there hands which denies all warranty through GM. Be very careful with these people as they know all the in and outs even if it comes to a legal battle. They are as shady as they come.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Yes thats what i thought when i bought a new GM long block. I thought they would warranty it and they did not. Crusader may be different because they are only a marine application but i called GM direct when they denied my warranty and GM said that they cannot warranty the motor if purchased from Marine Engines. GM says that there are changes made to engine due to marine application after leaving there hands which denies all warranty through GM. Be very careful with these people as they know all the in and outs even if it comes to a legal battle. They are as shady as they come.

Got it!!!! That is too bad, just what you DON'T need !!!!

capt.dan

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Topaz
Last year I bought new engines and transmissions from them and after 10hrs of run time I had to replace one transmission and after 15hrs I had to replace the other transmission. They replaced both without a problem. Now I'm having engine problems. So hopefully i can get this repaired without to much of a hassle. Overall, I shouldnt have deal with any of this stuff with new engines and transmissions. Just my 2 cents.

myentourage

Commander
I've never delt with transmissions from them but I had a 502 long block that they denied warranty after 3 hours use. They told me it was contaminated oil from my old engine. This motor was dealer installed and everything replaced externally. After a court battle they got a gm top notch attorney to represent them in court and were able to use false photos in court which they claimed were my engine. To make a long story short I'm out 6k. Let us know how you make out with the engine warranty.

Beamie

Commander
Last year I bought new engines and transmissions from them and after 10hrs of run time I had to replace one transmission and after 15hrs I had to replace the other transmission. They replaced both without a problem. Now I'm having engine problems. So hopefully i can get this repaired without to much of a hassle. Overall, I shouldnt have deal with any of this stuff with new engines and transmissions. Just my 2 cents.

Were these brand new engines or remans?

In the future I was intending to get a 350 Crusader thru them. I am assuming that a new Crusader (them being a dealer) just passes thru there hands and they done't actually touch it. Would that be a true statement??

myentourage

Commander
Were these brand new engines or remans?

In the future I was intending to get a 350 Crusader thru them. I am assuming that a new Crusader (them being a dealer) just passes thru there hands and they done't actually touch it. Would that be a true statement??

That's what I thought with the new gm long block. I talked to gm and they said that there is no warranty you have to go through marine engines. The father and son are the biggest pieces of shit I ever delt with. They didnt offer me anything at all for my headaches. Be very careful with these people. Shadyyyyyyy.....

Top Bottom