Mats

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
I ordered some mats they use at golf driving ranges.They are a form of astro turf.I have had them for 6 or 7 years and they have held up well.They are 3 x 5. I had some turf that came from a from a football field that was redone that Friendship bought years ago.That was good stuff to work on.It was about 3/4 thick,and had the fake grass on the top,still had the yard marks on it.

johnny g

Lieutenant
since first team brought up cats here a quick laugh. did a shark tourney a few years ago had my brother in-law meet me at the house to load the gear the morning of. he grabbed a bag to put in truck and saw it was dry cat food. he asked what it was for and i told him i cant tell him he would get upset. he wouldnt stop asking so i told him i went to the shelter and got some cats to use for bait and we have to feed them on the way out to keep them quiet.(was actually using it in the chum as it has lots of oil in it and soaks up the bunker oil) he freaked out and i thought he was going to bail out on the trip. about half way out to my spot he starts looking in the cabin and asked what we did with the cats. the 3 of us laughed our ass off at him and he felt like a moron. still talk about it

restless

Rear Admiral
A lot depends on what type of use they will see. Hamilton's has a pretty good selection of different mats. I use ones from Home Depot. About 3' x 3'. They've
held up for 5 or 6 years and they are cheap. The down side is they aren't UV resistant and after a while they leave black scuff marks. By the way, regarding the kittens as shark bait, I've found they work better when you remove one front leg. that way they swim in circles and can't swim off in a straight line.

Last edited:

Brainey

Captain
First Name
Bill
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
I was looking for a way to reduce noise in the wheelhouse through the deck and around some hatches so I bought rubber stall mats from Tractor Supply. They are 4'x6', 3/4" dense rubber. They seem indestructable and did a great job reducing noise and vibration. Down side is that the weigh about 75 lbs each and they can trap water between the mat and the deck. I'll probably put soundown under the deck at some point and ditch the mats but for now it was an easy fix with little investment.

Top Bottom