Mertons Supply?

ssevenjohn

Lieutenant
Joe does a great job. Product is great. priced right ,too. He is a good guy.

Leprechaun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
When ethanol was first known to eat up fiberglass tanks they sold a resin that was advertised to work with ethanol ., It didn't work and was pulled off the web site and denied it was posted that way. Learned the hard way and had to do the tanks twice. A few other buddy's were in the same boat!! Little humor ... wasn't very humorous then!!

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
I've used both LBI and Mertons. Only one bad experience with LBI when they sold me a bad batch of nidabond. There were big chunks of crystallized resin throughout the bucket. I did return it for a store credit which is what I wanted. I still buy a few things from LBI that Joe doesn't carry.

Joe is a great guy to deal with and was at Mertons just today. Picked up some coosa, foam, resin and ordered some 8" tape.

leaky

Vice Admiral
I've used both LBI and Mertons. Only one bad experience with LBI when they sold me a bad batch of nidabond. There were big chunks of crystallized resin throughout the bucket. I did return it for a store credit which is what I wanted. I still buy a few things from LBI that Joe doesn't carry.

Joe is a great guy to deal with and was at Mertons just today. Picked up some coosa, foam, resin and ordered some 8" tape.
1708 tape? I mentioned that to Joe a couple times, I buy it at Sheppards because they stock it. Is such a handy product as you can keep it in the boat, carry it around, physically pull it off the spool to measure etc etc.

16010778991494311394969273009194.jpg

goin4broke

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
Yeah there are various places to get it but rather deal with a local guy. My last roll of 1708 is getting down and I still have some large pieces to layup and don't want to waste it on cutting tape.

eglicomet

Lieutenant Commander
Peter Legnos of LBI in Groton, CT is the expert. He has designed and built boats in addition to working with navy. Total Boat products are also very good. Andy of Boatworks Today demonstrates many of their products.
My first boat was built by Legnos. It was a Mystic 20 catboat.

TAftw

Lieutenant Commander
Joe is great, I buy stuff from him when I don’t need bulk supplies from my distributor. Often times it’s here in a couple of days. Some things from Jamestown Distributors come through him, he sells it all for cheaper though. Jamestown Distributors is local to me and had such terrible customer service during the pandemic that I closed my account and now I buy everything from Joe. FYI JD has no more retail store, online ordering only.

aweigh again

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
22 foot 1983 bass boat
When ethanol was first known to eat up fiberglass tanks they sold a resin that was advertised to work with ethanol ., It didn't work and was pulled off the web site and denied it was posted that way. Learned the hard way and had to do the tanks twice. A few other buddy's were in the same boat!! Little humor ... wasn't very humorous then!!
mertons or lbi?

southshore30

Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
36 Northern Bay

FJR

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Frank
Boat Make
BRUNO STILLMAN 42'

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

fireescape

Lieutenant
Website
www.fireescapecharters.com
Boat Make
1999 T Jason 35.
Joe is great, Super knowledgeable and fair with pricing. He was a big help with advice when i cut the house in half and raised the roof, as well as all the other projects. Defiantly my go to for all things fiberglass and epoxy.

Snake8

Lieutenant Commander
Joe is great. He will ask what you are doing and make sure you are getting the right product and the right amount. He knows boats and boatbuilding and helped me with a few ideas on my most recent project. He takes the time and in this day and age - along with his pricing being very competitive - is a rare trait. Call him on the phone for best results. Ive used a few other suppliers in the past but as long as Joe is in business he will get my business every time from now on.

Top Bottom