Midland 19

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Rather than ask a lot of questions specific to the Midland in my project forum, I thought perhaps a thread devoted to the Midland where questions can be asked and ideas shared would be a better format.

My question is about trailering. My Midland came with a roller trailer, The previous owner said it is not the original trailer The wobble wheels are riding 8" outside the stringers and in a couple of spots I can see quite a bit of deformation in the bottom. That has me concerned about possible problems if used long term.

I'm used to trailers with carpet bunks instead of rollers. I like the idea of rollers for shallow and primitive ramps. Would roller bunks be a better option?

How are your trailers setup?

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Member Waypoint's 19'Midland restored from the stringers up.....

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

jojobee

Commander
midlands

theses midlands are cool. the flare is like nc meets me

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Yeah, That's Arties'. He picked up the "bare" hull a few years back & recored the transom, added a small 1.5" or so keel on it which makes it corner at speed fantastic, dosen't skid around at all. New deck,console & many other little tricks he had up his sleeve turned out a really cool boat for very little $$$..Perfect utility boat & great for skinny water bassing & blackfishing......

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
The finished product is excellent. I'd love to see the before and during photos of the rebuild too.

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Currently building a 19' Ocean Pointer which will sit, most of the time, on a BUNK trailer. 4 bunks which pivot independently. Each bunk is a 2" X 6", four feet long, carpeted. The 2x6 is laid flat so there's more surface area supporting the hull and the bottom of the bunks is supported by the galvanized bunk bracket, so they won't sag in the middle. But, yeah, I'd get rid of the rollers if you're at all concerned; the roller bunks seem like a nice option, never used those, but if you used "bunk" carpeting and not scrap indoor carpeting, you should be able to slide on & off quite easily. Good luck and let us know what you decide...

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Member Waypoint's 19'Midland restored from the stringers up.....

Wow that is a beauty! If mine looks half that good I'll be happy! Is that Merc a 50 hp ? I'd love to know how the boat performs with a 50 horse. I wouldn't mind going smaller than a 70hp and getting some weight off the transom.

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Currently building a 19' Ocean Pointer which will sit, most of the time, on a BUNK trailer. 4 bunks which pivot independently. Each bunk is a 2" X 6", four feet long, carpeted. The 2x6 is laid flat so there's more surface area supporting the hull and the bottom of the bunks is supported by the galvanized bunk bracket, so they won't sag in the middle. But, yeah, I'd get rid of the rollers if you're at all concerned; the roller bunks seem like a nice option, never used those, but if you used "bunk" carpeting and not scrap indoor carpeting, you should be able to slide on & off quite easily. Good luck and let us know what you decide...

I saw a Garvey loading onto a roller bunk trailer when I was down in S Jersey a couple of weeks ago. They worked well on that boat ,He also had 4 pivoting bunks like yours . He claims he can easily load the boat on the beach if necessary.

Top Bottom