Minimalist upper station - pictures?

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I want to put a minimal upper station on my NB36 this winter.

Less wight, less drag and of course don't affect the lines and look of the boat.

I do not want a fly bridge or a full marlin tower, I am thinking simple bench seat for 3, arm rests on either end and some sort of small electronics pod to hold a compass, radio and wireless autopilot.

I am thinking no more than 100 pounds total weight.

Any pictures of low impact upper stations?

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
Tunamojo's RP (the former Dantilu) had a little crows nest on top of the house, just enough space for one guy steering. I'd find and post a pic but I'm on my goddamn iPad and its too complicated for my feeble brain. But it sounds like what you want, just maybe a few feet wider.

butterball

Ensign
Check out YW brokers. There is a H&H " Crazy Horse" that has what I think you are looking for. Good luck.

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
I built mine of 1/2" plywood, FG both sides 2-1/2 sheets did the whole job. 3 tempress fold down plastic seats, engine controls,Wagner steering, 4 idiot lights, autopilot clutch, compass. I'll bet the whole works weights under 200#

Bilder_Klassenlisten 174.jpg

Not Tagged 032.jpg

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
I've seen some nice minimalist upper stations on Parker boats (see pic).

I used the minimalist concept when I designed the pipe flybridge on my Wesmac. My goal was to have an upper station, but have it as simple, basic, and lightweight as possible, plus I didn't want it to grab wind. The aluminum structure weighed a total of about 50-60 lbs; and the radar, antenna, vhf, steering helm and controls added probably another 35 lbs. (see pic)

parker.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo2.jpg

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Thanks POwderpro - thats more or less what I am looking for, minus the radar arch on top.

I'd like to keep my existing mast and radar setup and stick the seat on the aft half of the hardtop. I'm not erally interesting in running at speed up there; just using it it for trolling.

DSC02050.jpg

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
Larry, Radar has to be over your head or off when you're running.
I wouldn't want to be up there when that radar was on.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Last edited:
Top Bottom