mitchell cove 20 pic

rockfish

Lieutenant
This is a pic of a MC 20 that I took in Rockland Maine over the summer. Its a side console that was rigged for lobster. Check out the keel! Its 20 x 9 x 8' @ the transom & its a big little boat that I would like to own. Enjoy

DSC02974.jpg

Mike28

Commander
Boat Make
Parker 2320dvsc
Very cool! These little DE intrigue me. What kind of power was it rigged for?

Last edited:

rockfish

Lieutenant
Mc 20

It was rigged for an outboard it also had a hauler and a davit mounted

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Pretty sheer- decent sized keel too!

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
Was the 32 MC hull sitting next to it when you were there. Did you see my drool over the boats. Been looking at that for 2 years know. Asked my wife if I could add these to my fleet, she said we better just go to rockland cafe for lunch then to Moody's diner for dinner and keep dreaming while I was eating that piece of homemade apple pie.

rockfish

Lieutenant
Mc 32

Yep it was there and I left some drool in Rockland asa well here's a pic

DSC02979.jpg

jojobee

Commander
I love that 20'. However i am not a fan of the pilot house on that size boat. They have a tendency to look stubby.

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
mc20

i had one with a volvo duo prop and its still fishing in montauk

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
mc20

bought it directly from dave at mc in bernard at the time i also bought my 32 from him. the boat was quick drifted good, economical but pounded if it was a little longer i think it would have performed better

rockfish

Lieutenant
How much hp did you have and what kinda of speed did you get? Also do you have any pic's????

VPC

Lieutenant Commander
mc20

not sure on the numbers but my cousin bought the boat i'll get the info i beleive it was a 25 knot cruise on the light end it was on their website for a while the boat was called no frills

wildcard

Lieutenant
First Name
Erik
Boat Make
20’ Mitchell Cove
I have owned one for the past 6-7 years and you are correct it's the biggest little 20' you can buy. 115HP outboard pushes it at a top end of 30kts and a very nice cruise at hight teens low 20s. I wish it was a little heavier when it is sloppy out and spray/lifting rails would have been money well spent, but I didn't have it when i put it together. Every once in a while a following sea with gives you a wakeup moment, but that keeps you running things a little more conservatively in those conditions. Jojobee, you're so right, a pilot house has to be done just right or it looks all funky and stubby.

With a center console it's just a massive platform for fishing and a very economical running boat. A dawn to dusk fishing day might run 10-15 gallons of fuel, kinda nice on the wallet when my cohorts are running 20gal/hour in their 25' gradys.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, I give it a solid two thumbs up and money well spent.

rockfish

Lieutenant
Mc 20

Hey thanks for that Wildcard I have a hull built by John Hutchins or Northern Bay I bought it partially completed It has a suzuki 4 stroke 115 mounted on an Armstrong brackett I plan on launching early this spring

DSC03117.jpg

wildcard

Lieutenant
First Name
Erik
Boat Make
20’ Mitchell Cove
115HP is perfect, much more would be excessive. I was deciding on 115hp Suzuki and a 140 and glad i didn't go 140. It'd be just to much muscle for that boat.

rockfish

Lieutenant
Mc 20

Thanks for that Wildcard I wonder how diffrent my boat will be with a brackett? I would think the added length would help all around any thoughts???

Top Bottom