Moldcraft squid

jim

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
44 John Williams (stanley)
Anyone know where to get bulk moldcraft squid at a decent price. They mustve started making these things out of gold since the last time I rigged a green stick.

jim

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Thanks Josh I saw those but I need alot of them for spreaders, daisys and the stick...looking to get them cheaper.

Fishinengineer

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
Josh, they're not Moldcraft or Squidnation but SNL in Florida has 9 1/2" solid body
squids for about $2.60 ea. Blue, Pink, and White. Good people, call and ask them to send you a catalog.

jim

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Thanks fishing engineer already have their catalog will take a look at the squid. Appreciate it.

Toro

Commander
Boat Make
19 Pointer
Thanks Frigate nice link.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Check Ebay bro. Also u might consider going with bulk shell squid for ur bars.

squids

just so you guys know , I carry the largest Moldcraft color selection anywhere . I also carry hundreds of other kinds of solid and shell squids as well . The feedback that I have got from Hawaii to North Carolina to Maine ,Is that for solid-body, Moldcraft Squid are the best quality and the most durable .And as for the price, no different than buying any specialty item it just is- what it is -- Moldcraft sets the price (Frank Johnson )..And as far as the knockoffs , you really don't want them there material is soft and gummy and don't hold up as well, it ends up costing you money .I just came back from Hawaii greenstick fishing with the SHIBATA SAN ,the guy who invented it and he has fished with every bait known to man on these sticks . I work with a lot of soft -bait designers and manufacturer , they know that I am the Hybrid (greenstick) Dealer and build hundreds of spreader bars a year for the most demanding customers they work with all kinds of pours and plastics , all agree that when your talking solid-body squid ,Moldcraft are the best bang for the buck ..feel free to call me at the shop with any questions

turbor2

Ensign
I was just down at The Sportsmans Landing a few weeks ago. Carl has some of the nicest and most innovative stuff I've ever seen. He is way ahead of the curve in the green stick department!

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
For the inquiring minds on the board, Frank Johnson founder of Moldcraft was in the molding business before he started Moldcraft. What products did Frank produce?

jim

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Believe it or not Melton Tackle had the best prices I found on the 9 inch Moldcrafts at 3.99 a piece. About 4 times what I paid to rig my last stick in 2004. They also had the best price for the Mustad Double hooks(fang hooks) which have gone through the roof also. Jeez Im startin to sound like my old man with the $.25 cent draft beer stories!!!

cpt.josh

Lieutenant
Boat Make
26'6 Prokat Badkittytoo
ha maybe those days are gone here but we still have nickel and quarter beer night in texas:cool: those were some good times

Reactions: jim

finaddict

Lieutenant Commander
Website
stores.ebay.com
Boat Make
Nauset
Jim,
I do not have any solid squids, but if you are looking for some bulb squids, I have several sizes and colors. 6 inch, 9, 12 inch, some 15 inch by Seastriker. Also some 18 inch BIG T shells. Lot of glow colors in 18 inch. pm me if interested.

greg

Captain
Ok, since we are talking about female entertainment products (at least I hope you are talking about females), how critical is size?

Last year we were covered by albies and they preferred small lures on the troll (six inches max).

Should i be reducing the lure size of the stick as well?

Ld Marine Products

Lieutenant
SNL Corp. for sure I deal with them weekly they are very good to deal with.they are very nice on the phone they treat you with respect. I would call them if I where you.if I remember mold craft squids are very soft they would always get destroyed by bluefish that's why I started using SNL's squids. Just my thoughts..

Last edited:

jim

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Greg it depends on what you are fishing for. Usually below the albies are Big Eye.When you start getting hit by albies steady look on your sounder deep and you should be marking the big eye. I would leave the 9 inch squid on the stick and if you want to mess with albies switch up some of your your spread. Albies would have no problem hitting the 9 inch moldcraft on my stick to the point it was annoying since I was targeting the Big Eye and they dont come up too often during the day. Hated to think I was missing a multiple big eye hit while hauling back the stick with three or four albies hanging off it. At the time we were getting $.90 cents a pound for the albies. ugh!

Jon funny you say that I plan on using all moldcraft squid on the greenstick EXCEPT for squid nations rasta.

Last edited:
Top Bottom