Monomoy 19 Skiff -- Any Thoughts / Advice???

Cichlidgeek

Lieutenant
Hey guys,
I am thinking about a small skiff-type vessel for inshore bottom fishing and recreational lobstering in the Central Jersey area. A search online brought me to the 19-foot Monomoy Skiff from Roger Carroll Boats. It's a little smaller than what I'd like, but the company seems open to minor custom work and appears to be flexible. I also like that they're in Chatham....only five hours drive for me.

I can't really find too much information on them. I like the boat's lines, but I don't want anything too fancy. The boat needs to raise fish and lobsters, not look so fancy that I don't want to get it filthy.

Ideally, the perfect boat for my uses would be in the 22-24 foot range with a 8-9 foot beam---looking for a lot of open deck space to transport lobster gear. I looked at Eastern, but my goodness they are pricy. Those Eastern 248 CC are nice, though!!

Can anyone offer me some advice, or point my in the right direction???

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
The Surfside Boat Co. out of NH has a 21' center console and a new pilothouse model that might be of interest. I heard it is the old 20' Pointer that he added built in spray rails to. The owner was the original founder of Eastern Boats I guess.

http://www.surfsideboat.com/

duxbait

Captain
The 19 monomoy is a nice boat. I have never ridden on one myself, but I have seen many and stood on them at the dock. They are are a solid built boat that is made for the local commercial guys. You will pound in a chop with this hull, but it is a low hp, stable boat. In my opinion it is a great small cc but you will not be happy if you are already thinking bigger might be better. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom