Mooring Tender 13' Whaler - $250

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Trailer would prob make the trip @xbskt

Never had a long distance cheap boat bad trailer story here. Ever.
Never ever say never.
If it had a console I'd be on my way to my son's house in SC with it by now.
We are fans of the 13.

back in action.jpg

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

IPA1

Ensign
Boat Make
WTB 26-30’ WC, YB, Holland, GM
I have restored three 15 ’ BW’s and made a nice profit. There is definitely a cult following on them, and hands down the best handling whalers that are very fast w/ a 70hp .One 15 BW sport was definitely holding water in the foam , I was told by a old timer to get a spade bit and drill 2 holes in lower transom and stand boat up against a tree / building . Did that for 3-4 months and it drained out A lot !
Sealed up the holes and damn could not believe how much lighter it was.

Last edited:

elwood

Lieutenant
Boat Make
12' Whaler
The 11.5 that i re-did that is pictured above was wet. i cut the deck out and got most of the wet foam out--glassed in stringers and a deck grid that really stiffened the boat up. The bottom had some soft spots from the freeze -dry cycle of the foam thru the years. The boat is a 1976.

the seat access goes to the bottom of the boat, and holds the dry stuff along with a starting battery. An 8 gallon aluminum fuel tank is glassed in under the seating area so it doesnt take room. the forward storage area was cut down to the hull, and a drain tube was snaked from there to the little bilge sump I built into the rear deck. now i can put my ice in that forward cooler, and the ice drains to the bilge sump and pumped out. The boat stays in the water so the bilge pump takes care of the rain.

The wood toe rail is reclaimed mahogany from the cradles that this boat sat on on the bow of an old 46 Egg Harbor sportfish. The deck is reclaimed Ipe---used to be teak until It was worn down to the glue line from use. So far i like the Ipe and it seems compatible with epoxy construction.
One guy who had a 60 Merritt sportfish tried to buy this boat years ago when he saw it as it passed his boat. He wanted to take the engine off, put a 1 inch piece of glass over it and convert it to a coffee table for his office in Miami. No way. Its going fishing.

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Our 13 is a member of the family.
So many memories they could fill a book.
She's worn through in spots, beat up, but dependable. Kind of like me if I do say so.
This is one of many photos from summers past.
I rest my case.

20200627_104857.jpg

Top Bottom