More work than I thought - but is it worth it? Seaway Seafarer 19

MrGradyB

Lieutenant
First Name
Ken
Boat Make
1986 Seaway Seafarer 19
I will post more pictures as it is complete.

GBall

Ensign
I think you made the right choice. It looks like a sweet boat I love my 21 and I’ll bet that 19 is a gas

Captn' Spalding

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Adam
Boat Make
1976 Unknown Novi Skiff
Looking mighty fine, and I suspect you will be very happy with the results afterwards.

MrGradyB

Lieutenant
First Name
Ken
Boat Make
1986 Seaway Seafarer 19
Ok, it has been one year or so and she finally comes home! More work to get her together but we are weeks away. Unfortunately, work still persists and slows me down. I am going to continue to use the original fuel tank which is aluminum. I will drain it completely and see how it goes. Fuel has been the biggest issue with this one over the years. tempImageu4kF2t.jpg

MrGradyB

Lieutenant
First Name
Ken
Boat Make
1986 Seaway Seafarer 19
I will update as I get electronics in place, windshield, trim, cabin bi-folds, etc.

Captn' Spalding

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Adam
Boat Make
1976 Unknown Novi Skiff
That is a beauty of a boat. Cant wait to see the cleaned up teak, that will really make it a head turner. Good choice in making the repairs.

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
I will update as I get electronics in place, windshield, trim, cabin bi-folds, etc.
Who did you use for the work? How close did you come to the original $8k quote? Would you recommend the shop now that you're done with them? Thanks

Rockfish9

Lieutenant
First Name
Joe
Restoration projects never are as easy as they seem,old boats are a labor of love, that boat shows it, congrats on a job well done..

MrGradyB

Lieutenant
First Name
Ken
Boat Make
1986 Seaway Seafarer 19
When I was looking for a marina to do the glasswork I spoke to about 3 maybe 4 places. When I spoke to Adam at New England Marine & Fiberglass he was willing to look at a small job (basically a fun project boat) and they had the ability to do all the work in-house. Glass, Powder Coat, Gel-coat, motor, canvas, if needed etc. I added to the original scope by making the cabin roof structurally sound and able to hold the 2 seats/guests who spend much time leaning on the windshield when at anchor or slow motoring down a lazy river. This added a small amount to the total. (seats mentioned earlier) Otherwise stayed to the original price and gel-coated the entire hull and deck which was not in the original bid. Boot stripe was and did not go onto the hull a few other minor things I will complete and may have expected done. But he and I knew some things I was going to complete. Trade-offs but I like the end look and have positive expectations. I am very pleased at this point, looks great, and structurally seems more solid than I could have expected. I will give more info as I get the boat on the water which will give better info on durability and function.

Top Bottom