Moving [back] to RI

Dave_M

Ensign
First Name
Dave
Hi, everyone. My name's Dave, and I'm moving back to RI this summer (2022) after spending the past four years in Durham NC. Lifelong New Englander (MA, VT, RI, with family in ME), it'll be great to come home. I grew up with family runabouts, and spent my teen years in all sorts of horrible $100 boats my friend would get his hands on, ha, but it was all fun. I've been sailing for years, and just sold my sailboat last week in anticipation of the move. Our new house will have waterfront on a tidal river, so I'll be able to add a mooring ball and a dock eventually, but there's a fixed bridge with clearance of only 5 feet at MHW. Plenty of depth, and with 4' tidal swings, it'll be doable in most boats under 24'. I've got my heart set on a Seaway Seafarer 21 for the next chapter, with eventual "hey maybe someday when I retire" a larger upper 20s / low 30s downeaster I could cruise on. Love to discuss things, happy to help, and am happy to be here.

Last edited:

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Welcome back. I’m Dave in Little Compton. There’s a guy on here that does moorings in RI…can’t recall his name. :p

Rockfish9

Lieutenant
First Name
Joe
Like the little girl in the movie said " there's no place like home".. good luck with the move and the mooring.

jackv

Lieutenant
First Name
jack
Boat Make
Tripp 22 cc angler, tripp 18 cc angler, Holland 32
I have a 22 Tripp Angler CC that might work for you.

Listed in this forum but price reduced

TimR

Lieutenant
First Name
DownEast2020
Welcome home. I’m in Wakefield, RI and keep my boat in Salt Pond.

Top Bottom