MR54 seatrials

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Lou anytime some says “over the top” or “too much” it sounds like envy to me. Like they know they will never afford it so they have to pick it apart to make themselves feel better.
I can look at any boat on here and find things I don’t like. Hell I already see things on Tip Jar I would do differently, but none of it effects the seaworthiness or longevity of them.
Someone spent a lot of money and put alot of time into building this boat. We lose sight of that fact sometimes. Eyes may be drawn to those lower windows maybe because its not something we see every day. It could be as simple as that. DE hulls are getting bigger, faster and pretty darn elaborate these days. They arent your dads lobster boat anymore.

NC_Colfax

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Lou anytime some says “over the top” or “too much” it sounds like envy to me. Like they know they will never afford it so they have to pick it apart to make themselves feel better.
I can look at any boat on here and find things I don’t like. Hell I already see things on Tip Jar I would do differently, but none of it effects the seaworthiness or longevity of them.
I honestly dont feel his comments were to make him feel better about himself. I would be willing to bet if he saw this boat in person he would quickly change his mind about the proportion. Its spot on in my opinion. Maybe he should go to " lobster boat" race day and just take a look at the " lobster boats" that line the race course. Lined with one gem after another. Big badass expensive DE boats.

chrishmcguire777

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Bruno Stillman
In any case....that boat didn’t come off the assembly line. The owner and builder spent a lot of time designing and building that boat. Although it’s nice to be complimented I’m pretty sure neither of them give two shits for what is said on the Internet.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

NC_Colfax

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

GLA

Commander
does anyone know the other specs on the boat, it is massive
beam, fuel cap, ect

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Wesmac42b80

Commander
I dont like all the boats I see on here nor do I kid myself in thinking everyone here likes my boat for one reason or another. But I couldn't imagine telling someone how to make their boat better so 'i' could like it more. All of these boats are custom in my eyes and they are all perfect for their owners. I just enjoy looking at what everyone does to their boats so they can enjoy them to the fullest. This site shouldn't be a pissin' match as to who is the most knowledgeable or who has the deepest pockets. Just enjoy the individual boats and move on!

GLA

Commander
seems like they are able to scan the entire hull, design the interior components on a computer, then cut out all components on a 3d type cutting machine
then just drop everything in place and have it fit within 2mm
that is some cool technology

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
One thing that video proves is that DE hull construction is getting closer and closer to being able to mass produce these boats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom