Mudd Knives

jrg

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Eastern 24
Got my new Mudd Knife today:D! I've been wanting one for a few years and had the chance to order at the Maine Boatbuilder's Show last month - 3" blade, cherry wood handle. Now to get the boat in the water!

aucmsj.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
Nice knifes, I'd be afraid to use them. Ill stick with the bubba blades.

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Got my new Mudd Knife today:D! I've been wanting one for a few years and had the chance to order at the Maine Boatbuilder's Show last month - 3" blade, cherry wood handle. Now to get the boat in the water!

aucmsj.jpg

Glad you followed through with the knife order. As for getting the boat in the water the sleet and freezing rain has to go!!!

jrg

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Eastern 24
Nice knife.

Not to sound stupid, but what's so special about it...?

Nothing special other than the fact that they're made one at a time by a 85 year old guy in Wiscasset, ME and have bit more character than my spyderco. The knives Mudd SHarrigan makes are essentially re-makes of old Scandinavian maritime rigging knives and are carried worldwide. If anyone reads Woodenboat Magazine, there was a really nice article on Mudd and how he makes the knives a couple of years ago. He's a real craftsman/artist.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM

aucmsj.jpg

Nice looking knife, i like the sheepsfoot blade, be great for cutting gillnet web when mending. Only thing i'd do was add a hanging twine leash that looped through a belt loop on my pants that way i'd never lose that beauty :D

Top Bottom