Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
I'm putting trans levers in the cockpit. I know volvo and morse make adapters for 2 controls in 1 control out. looks flimsy, can;t give you a review on it. However the way the arms are setup on my tranmission, i can finagle two cables on to the arm.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I have always used morse controls in the past but I here that Kobelt are much more user friendly when it comes to multiple stations. As far as my morse go, I always went from control to throttle arm or transmission lever. I also have always used the green cablecraft cables and I must say that it has been a flawless system for 15 years. No slippage, full cable throw and smooth. I am going to fly by wire in the new rig and it sounds great on paper but I am extremely skeptical. It will be nice when it comes time to take the tower off and go hooking though.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Magician

Lieutenant
I also used the cable craft in my 35 duffy, great cables. I used to have the tower slaved from the main helm and the main helm and deck helm both cabled to the engine/trans.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Kobelts are easily twice the quality of teleflex. Have had 2 stations on my last and current boats and never had to adjust a thing on either after initial setup

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
For those who have multiple (2-3) helm controls (Morse or Kobelt controls)
how are your cables typically run ?
Engine & trans cables to wheel house,
Wheel house to cockpit,
Cockpit to tower
Or a different order depending shortest length 1st ?

Anyone ever tried or thought of doubling up at engine & trans (custom linkages) ?

Obviously fly by wire/ electronic would be the way to go if cost is not an issue.

Ronnie,
I had a junction box for the fwd/rev on my bowpicker, one short cable went from the outdrive to one side of the box and 2 cables came into the otherside of the box, one to the house and another from the box to the outside station that way if one broke i still had the other to have fwd/rev.
The throttle went from the engine to the house control and another cable from the house control to the outside station.
The junction box worked ok for the 20 years i had the boat but if i did it again i would build my own junction on a piece of flat aluminum so adjustments would be easy to make, the box was a pita because you had to take it apart to do any adjustments.
I'm adding another control inside the house so i'll be watching to see what you come up with, i already have another Kobelt control so all i'll need is to order some cablecraft cables from rose's i refuse to use any other cables. Its kinda funny you won't take a short drive to Rose's and if i need anything good for my boat i have to go 1500 miles to Seattle !!

I picked up these cable ends that lay right up against each other flat for my install, i've used them before on my Henriques for the fwd/rev i had from the trans to the stern control.
P3031151.jpg

P3031153.jpg

Here's the junction box

Dual Station Transfer Unit

The Morse dual station transfer unit is ideal for parallel dual station installations when two-lever single function controls are used. The transfer unit allows two clutch or two throttle cables to be connected to a single cable leading aft to the engine. These units are recommended for installations with long or difficult cable paths to eliminate undesirable cable bends that cause backlash and reduced efficiency.

10730_MOR_DUAL-STATION_PPM

P3031151.jpg

P3031153.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom