Mussel Ridge 28

Haddock

Captain
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
24' Seaway Hard Top
Pretty nice finish but why do so many Down East boats have limited headroom? 6'2" seems fairly common but limits the pool of buyers!

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Pretty nice finish but why do so many Down East boats have limited headroom? 6'2" seems fairly common but limits the pool of buyers!

Average height for men in the United States​

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source, the average age-adjusted height for American men 20 years old and up is 69.1 inches (175.4 centimeters). That’s about 5 feet 9 inches tall.

This number comes from data published in December 2018. The data was collected between 1999 and 2016 as part of a National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.

The analytic sample included 47,233Trusted Source men and women, all at least 20 years of age. Participants reported their ages, races, and whether they were of Hispanic origin. The average height of 5 feet 9 inches takes all groups into account.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
That seems fairly priced for the level of finish and 200 hr Cummins

Jarhead

Lieutenant
Beautiful boat! Any thoughts on how she handles different sea states? I've heard the larger MR's are beast's.

Joshbel02

Commander
Website
www.allagashbuilders.com
Boat Make
Sonny Hodgeton/Wayne Beal
So I’ve had one of these little boats for a few year and we use it lightly for harpooning. They are great boats with quite a bit of room. We have a 5.9 iveco 330 it will turn up two more settings 370, 400…thank god i left it at 330hp. These boats slide along pretty efficiently….they sail gd and we really only have positive comments for what they are plus they look pretty nice too. We top out at 26 and change but we don’t run it anywhere near that. I’m guessing with availability of cloth to make these boats it would cost 220k for this build maybe 250k…there’s 60k of finish work done to this one alone never mind and engine that’s hardly working …takes nothing to push these. I put mine up for 115k to sell in fall …I have my choice of people to sell it to. Mine is a Wayne Beal (2004) laid up before Albert bought mold. Great boats.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Beautiful boat! Any thoughts on how she handles different sea states? I've heard the larger MR's are beast's.
I agree with everything Josh has stated above. I had hull number 1, built back in 1991, powered with a 300HP CAT. Keep in mind that this is not a hull that was designed by Thomas Bernardi who designed the 42 Mussel Ridge. The 28 was originally designed by Calvin Beal for his brother Wayne Beal. The molds were acquired by Albert Hutchinson and re-named the Mussel Ridge 28. With that in mind the bottom of the boat is a totally different design from the larger step brothers in the Mussel Ridge family. The 28 still has a good ride for it's size and is very fast and efficient but very different.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
So I’ve had one of these little boats for a few year and we use it lightly for harpooning. They are great boats with quite a bit of room. We have a 5.9 iveco 330 it will turn up two more settings 370, 400…thank god i left it at 330hp. These boats slide along pretty efficiently….they sail gd and we really only have positive comments for what they are plus they look pretty nice too. We top out at 26 and change but we don’t run it anywhere near that. I’m guessing with availability of cloth to make these boats it would cost 220k for this build maybe 250k…there’s 60k of finish work done to this one alone never mind and engine that’s hardly working …takes nothing to push these. I put mine up for 115k to sell in fall …I have my choice of people to sell it to. Mine is a Wayne Beal (2004) laid up before Albert bought mold. Great boats.
your boat in its former life ?
1627446170654.jpeg

ARC

Captain
Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay

Average height for men in the United States​

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source, the average age-adjusted height for American men 20 years old and up is 69.1 inches (175.4 centimeters). That’s about 5 feet 9 inches tall.

This number comes from data published in December 2018. The data was collected between 1999 and 2016 as part of a National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.

The analytic sample included 47,233Trusted Source men and women, all at least 20 years of age. Participants reported their ages, races, and whether they were of Hispanic origin. The average height of 5 feet 9 inches takes all groups into account.
It’s been my task to keep that average low. This way there are more DE buyers

Latest Posts

Top Bottom