My Novi

novivin

Captain
Hi Guys,

Lots of awesome boats and stories here, learned some more already.

My boat spends time in Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound mostly, but has been to Gloucester, Southport, ME Monhegan to Port Clyde and the Kennebec and all points in between... as well as up to Grand Manan, Eastport, Passamaquoddy and all points in the near vicinity as well as White Head Island.

A well traveled 22 footer eh?

Vinny
DSC00527.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

Last edited:

novivin

Captain
More Pics... And details.

The boat is a Gaski. They are located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. i just purchased her two and a half years ago from the original owner in MA. She was built in 2005, delivered in late summer. The boat had 112 hours. Power is a 2005 90HP Yamaha 4 stroke. The engine and boat are a great pair. We have no problems cruising at 14-16 knots all day under 12 gallons at over 60 Nmi range. The boat is Cape Island Style, almost plumb stem. Enough headroom in the two bunks to sleep two larger adults, porta-pottie and a nice wheelhouse with bench and helm-chair.
DSC01167.jpg
This is us pulling in at high tide in St Andrews New Brunswick.

DSC01167.jpg

Last edited:

novivin

Captain
My most major improvement so far was a paint job/barrier coat application to erase the ablative bottom paint mess that was there and cover the minor blemishes caused by the first owner.

The black bottom is epoxy barrier coat by Smith Products, California.
The blue is Perfection by Interlux.

Underlying gelcoat is practically the same color. The gelcoat was in rough enough shape that I was left with a choice. The best option for me was self-application of the mentioned products. I tried to buff/restore/polish with the 3M family of products, but it was back breaking work and not worth the temporary fix. I like the way it turned out.

novivin

Captain
Comin' in HOT!

WOO! Look at 'er go!
Hi There First Team!

Yup, I had the misses come down after the paint job was done last June and take a picture of us comin' in hot down at the local boat launch.

It was my first solo trip fishing with my almost 2 year old son at the time.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Nice boat- what's the keel like? My boat is similar but smaller (20'). With gas going up to $5 a gallon I'm going to be using my boat more than most I think. It burns 3 GPH at cruising speed.

novivin

Captain
Keel

The keel is just a 2.5 inch stub from stem to stern, although the bow is very deep, and with a sharp V. The run is flat aft. Fuel consumption was a key consideration when we upgraded from our first boat, a 25 HP 4 Stroke powered Wooden Brockway Skiff (Ladybug 18).

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
The keel is just a 2.5 inch stub from stem to stern, although the bow is very deep, and with a sharp V. The run is flat aft. Fuel consumption was a key consideration when we upgraded from our first boat, a 25 HP 4 Stroke powered Wooden Brockway Skiff (Ladybug 18).

Very similar to my boat in the hull design, but your bow has a higher sheer. Enjoy the minimal costs of owning a pocket DE. :)

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Hey Novin,
I saw you fueling up the boat at the Stop and Shop in Fairhaven. The boat has a big bow! Nice job on the paint by the way.

Top Bottom