My WESMAC 46' build...

Wesmac42b80

Commander
This thread will be following my current build of a Wesmac 46' Sportfish...I started the build in 08' and it has been a slow go due to the economy and alot of other factors, but I'm glad it has in some ways cause of the changes we made along the way so far.... Hope you all enjoy as much as I do... -Mike

Last edited:

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
This thread will be following my current build of a Wesmac 46' Sportfish...I started the build in 08' and it has been a slow go due to the economy and alot of other factors, but I'm glad it has in some ways cause of the changes we made along the way so far. I love this boat and no matter what it takes it will be finished... Hope you all enjoy as much as I do... -Mike

Excellent!
Thanks!
Lots to learn watching builds!
Bill D

Wesmac42b80

Commander
No, I just write the checks = P...
Steve has worked with me and has an enormous amount of patience... I will keep the boat with him for the Wesmac team to finish- till I either cant afford anymore work or I run out of patience and just have him launch the dang thing!

Wesmac42b80

Commander
Bill thats actually the 42'mold. I pretty far along in the build and decided to add the 4 extra feet. Have yet to do it but hopefully this spring or summer...

Wesmac42b80

Commander
The boat has a 853 h.p. c-15.. My original idea was to build this boat to half way point as a 42'. Was going to sell for profit and start another 46 with the c-18 so my cost for the upgrade would be offset.. However the economy crushed my bright idea... So now im building this boat out with the c-15. She is gonna be built light so we are confident she'll have plenty behind the shaft...

Wesmac42b80

Commander
Ha ha ok ok you got me on that one... Well hows this- using the lightest materials possible.. estimated total weight right now hasnt been estimated i havent even decided how it will be finished...

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
My father told me this a long, long time ago

"A sheet of balsa core is light until you try to pick up a box of it. Now imagine that full of resin and a few layers of glass on top of it."

Moral of the story, use enough light materials and you'll end up with a heavy boat.

I'm not being a nay-sayer, I just find the term "light" be be a tricky subject.

richardh

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
to many
this is a 46 with a 1000hp cat
richardh-albums-rp-40-picture108-a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom