Mystery Downeasters?

Boatmodo

Ensign
Website
www.boatmodo.com
People keep asking me what kind of lobster boats these are. Anyone know the builders names? THe photo was taken at Cundy's Harbor, Maine in 2012. Thanks for any help. -Eric

wallpaper_galaxy.jpg

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
H&H, duffy, and a Flye Point Marine.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

SoSorryCharlie

Lieutenant
My first experience of the term "Circle of Life" happend in Cundy's Harbor. I was 5 years old reeling in a mackerel when a striper sucked down the mack and hooked up, then after fighting the bass for a while on the bait rod a seal decided to eat the striper I was fighting and actually got the hook. After fighting the seal on the mack rod for a while the seal actually swam over to us in the skiff and let my father take the hook out.

geets

Lieutenant
That's a cool story about the seal.

Reminds me of when I was young and my Dad and I were walking a net along the beach in Greenpoint, LI for spearing. Upon bringing in the net we Felt one heck of a tug and discovered we had a sand shark in the net. So we are trying to free the shark out of the net and my Dad grabs it by the tail in about 1 foot of water. As he drags it out of the net to release it the shark starts giving birth. It was so amazing to see that at such a young age. The shark and all her little ones swam away. This was way before discovery channel and all of the other nature channels ever existed. Heck cable tv wasn't even around back then....

Top Bottom