Nauset 27 flybridge

scm68

Lieutenant
I'm looking at a 27 nauset tomorrow and wondering if anyone has any pros and cons of the boat. It's an early 80s with gas engine
Has a flybridge and looks to be in good shape
Any idea of possible value?
Thanks

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
The person who I talked to owned two of them. They are very good in a head sea. Never pound. Ever. They do tend to roll a bit. With the bridge it will most likely tend to roll more than without. His did not have one.They are a handfull in following sea, but you get used to it and it becomes second nature to you. He fished these boats commercially and said handling characteristics did not prevent him from buying his second one. The Nauset 27 became the Coastal 27 for a short period, before the molds were sold to Tripp. It is now the Tripp 27. There is something to be said about that.

scm68

Lieutenant
Thanks for the reply
Looks like it is a nice boat at too good a price to refuse
I'll post some pics when I can
Thanks again

toolmaker

Commander
I own a 28 Nauset with a 220HP Cummins that is a great boat in any sea condition. However it is a totally different hull design than the 27. I am planning to start the build of a larger downeaster soon and my 28 Nauset will be available to purchase late fall 2014. Anyone seriously interested can ride and stripe bass fish on her with me this summer.

harris 28

Lieutenant
nauset

The 28 nauset hull is the 28 harris cuttyhunk with a different designed top by nauset but the same hull...not to be confused with the 27 which went to tripp

scm68

Lieutenant
Thanks for the information
Do you think $10,000 sounds like a good price on this boat?

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
With no photos or specs on the boat that sounds like a tough question to answer. Hard to put a value on something that we know nothing about.

mudhake

Captain
it was originaly the Norton 27 designed by royal Lowell back in the early 70,s . very much like a small skinny 35 Bruno.

scm68

Lieutenant
Made a deal on the Nauset last weekend and will be bringing it home through NY Canal system in a few weeks. Boat has been a freshwater boat since mid 80's.
Can't wait to get it home and start cleaning
Trying to post picture now

Nauset.jpg

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

scm68

Lieutenant
Thanks.
The boat is in Syracuse area and will be coming to Albany. Ive boated for years in Long Island and Maine but have moved to the Albany area and am hoping there is some decent boating in this area.
Haven't seen too many DE boats yet.

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Good luck with her! That's a lot of boat for the price you mentioned earlier. Have a safe trip.

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make

scm68

Lieutenant
Thanks for the info
I will give McGreavys a try. I think it will be a fun trip. Hard to get into too much trouble in the canal. I hope

scm68

Lieutenant
Had the sea trial this week and boat ran great. Picked it up on Oneida Lake in Syracuse area for trip down to Albany.
Made it about an hour across the lake and engine started running hot. Shut it down then couldn't restart. Battery was completely drained. Had to be towed back to port. Shout out to BlueNosed, another downeaster for the tow. Not sure if he's a member here but he was a great help getting back to port
Hope to be ready to attempt the trip in another week

Top Bottom