Nauset 27 hull & Top

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
seller texted me this pic.. after speaking with him he said" best offer" no trailer or power

IMG_20130317_160328.jpg

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Don't know anything about this but it might be a nice project for someone.

Nauset 27 hull

Some people like to rescue puppies. I guess I have other issues. :D
Last weekend I took a ride to look at this hull and top. The seller seemed to be a very nice and down to earth guy. We actually spent a few hours talking with him. He has another 27 Nauset that he is completing and wants this one gone. The top and windshield were removed (bolt on design) to get it into his garage when he was working on it. Everything has been painted by previous owners, and needs to be blasted. But the hull is solid glass, no coring. It has some potential. It has the shaft from the 210 Cummins that was in it before. This will sell cheap because of the labor involved to bring her back to life. The owner is aware of this fact and seemed very reasonable. Although I did not talk finances with him, I do think any half way reasonable offer would buy her.....I'm just guessing at $600 to $800 as it sits, you pay the freight to move it. But I could be wrong. Consider it a low buck kit boat. Some will laugh at this. Others will think about it. Someone will eventually do something about it. (please don't make it be me!!!) See attached pix. My sketch is based on the Nauset 27 lines drawing for this hull. I'm just thinking out loud for the least amount of work to get a really nice fishing boat put together. The Cummins will fit below the deck no problem with only a 6" step up, no motor box required. No trunk or bunks in the bow gets weight shifted to stern for better following sea traits. It's already a beast in head seas. Pony up a few bucks and fire up that sawzall! :ugeek: :rolleyes: :D

27 Nauset Hull Project.jpg

27 Nauset Kit.jpg

Nauset 27 NW Pilot House.jpg

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
my dad and i picked it up this weekend. might be a few years before it makes it back to the water but we'll get there

Congratulations! That should be a great project. Sean was real nice when I was out there. Glad it found a new home. Will it be a lobster house or a pilot house build? Please post pix of your progress on occasion. Good luck with her!

22novicc

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
22’ David J Smith, 29” H&H
thanks guys, its going to be a pilot house. we'll be sure to post some pictures as we go, were looking to sell a 29' phoenix in order to pay for some of this so if anyone knows anyone who might be interested send them our way

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Nice looking boat.. If you go doghouse I think this one is pretty sweet looking. I got the measurements of it.. It's 7ft longx46" wide x 6'3" tall.. All alumimum

image.jpg

Top Bottom