Navy Whale Boat- too cool not to post

Pamlico

Lieutenant
Boat Make
1979 SISU 22, Perkins 4.236
Oh yea, I've logged a many of trip up and down the side of a ship in one of those. Loved those man overboard drills.

offshore31

Captain
buddy of mine had one down in Fla. Ran drunks, i mean people to/from the bars. Boat's up at his brother's in Clinton Ct. now. We'll use it to go up to Bill's

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
We have almost that exact boat at school...big ass detroit thats loud as fuck. Total bitch to drive as it has no nut but give her some juice and she'll roal a nice bit o coal!:D

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Ran quite a few of those on my days in the Coast Guard off of ships. Mike McDevitt has a big one on his lot down to Pemberton Point that has been there for years, must be 40' plus and believe it was a Captain's Gig.

Dave

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
Coast Guard version (MSB) is a much better boat IMHO. Cummins powered, a lot drier ride and supremely seaworthy. I had spent many a winter day operating these on Georges Bank in the late 70's on fishery patrols from the Coast Guard cutter Bibb. Very cold ride, in those days we wore ghetto wetsuits! Mustang suits were not in vogue back then. Trying to get a boarding party aboard the draggers with the paravanes deployed was "interesting" .

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Toolate. There is a free whaleboat in Byram .... you might need a wetsuit though ;)

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Top Bottom