Need a slip or mooring Brunswick, ME area

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I need a seasonal slip or mooring ideally within a half hour of Brunswick, Maine for my Northern Bay 36. The nearby places are full. Freeport rate sheets are above my pay grade.
Prefer a slip for ease of loading and shore power for the bilge pump and fridge.
Please give a shout or PM if you know of something.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
There is a waiting list for Paul’s. Strouts is $120 ft Yikes. Other places are $90-$100. Waiting to hear from Great Yard, Robinson, Dolphin if a current renter doesn’t sign again.

Hadn’t considered Boothbay because realistically, it is an hour drive especially in summer. Might have to.

Is Dolphin pretty exposed? Looked rough the day I drove there.

Anyone on the forum keep a boat in the greater Brunswick, Boothbay area who can tell what they think of various marinas.

Where is that guy who is between boats and has a vacant mooring or slip when I need him?

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make

Hold_fast_marine

Lieutenant
I thought people in harpswell just dropped a mooring and called it good lol. There may be room in Potts harbor, I know there’s some areas near dolphin up for grabs. The only slips I know of are for commercial fishing vessels only.

Hold_fast_marine

Lieutenant
There is a waiting list for Paul’s. Strouts is $120 ft Yikes. Other places are $90-$100. Waiting to hear from Great Yard, Robinson, Dolphin if a current renter doesn’t sign again.

Hadn’t considered Boothbay because realistically, it is an hour drive especially in summer. Might have to.

Is Dolphin pretty exposed? Looked rough the day I drove there.

Anyone on the forum keep a boat in the greater Brunswick, Boothbay area who can tell what they think of various marinas.

Where is that guy who is between boats and has a vacant mooring or slip when I need him?
Dophin is mildly exposed, but it doesn’t get too rough in there. Again this is the harpswell area not Brunswick. You could try handy boat, or stay in south Portland at breakwater or spring point marina. I’d personally avoid sunset marina.

Capt.Ben

Lieutenant Commander
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.retmarine.com
Boat Make
20' Grady White Tournament
We live in Brunswick and our boat is in a slip at Brewers South Freeport (next to Strouts).

IMHO you can’t beat Brewers and Strouts as far as service, location, protection, and overall atmosphere...

As for others not already mentioned, you might want to check out New Meadows Marina. They’re in Brunswick but it’s a bit of a trip to get to “open water”. But they’re less expensive, we’ll protected, and have a service department.

The Dolphin is very pretty, but not well protected from tropical storms/hurricanes, and I don’t think they have much for mechanical services...

Hold_fast_marine

Lieutenant
We live in Brunswick and our boat is in a slip at Brewers South Freeport (next to Strouts).

IMHO you can’t beat Brewers and Strouts as far as service, location, protection, and overall atmosphere...

As for others not already mentioned, you might want to check out New Meadows Marina. They’re in Brunswick but it’s a bit of a trip to get to “open water”. But they’re less expensive, we’ll protected, and have a service department.

The Dolphin is very pretty, but not well protected from tropical storms/hurricanes, and I don’t think they have much for mechanical services...
Finest kind is across the way from dolphin. They also do haulouts

Ms.Aimee

Captain
Have no clue on availability but there are 3 marinas in the saco river (biddeford saco) and also many moorings, wazoo is the harbor master and owns southern maine marine. Not sure if 50 min is too far for you... also if you use Spike as a mechanic hes local.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

HARDTAIL

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
Andy....if it makes you feel any better. Our marina was taken over by the Safe Harbor Group. Rates for this year are $180.00/ft! Next year we will most likely be going elsewhere. I hope that all is well. Good luck in your search.
Safe harbours and their partners are buying everything!

Captinlon

Commander
Boat Make
32 H & H
I'm in the same area myself looking, due to the covid bs I lost the place I was at and the mooring. The Dolphin is full with a waiting list and was a bit rude when I asked about it. Good luck let me know if you find a spot.

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Hardtail, where are you that the charge $180! One place I called west of Brunswick was $130

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Update: I found a slip at Robinhood. Boy, am I happy and lucky. It is by the end and more exposed to current so it will be a challenge but I am glad knowing I have a place to go. They sound like good people to work with. Let’s rendezvous!

Here is what learned: Slips cost a lot less east of Brunswick i.e. Boothbay $80/ft than west of Brunswick, $120/ft. Brunswick area prices are in-between. Interestingly, moorings are consistently $1600-1700 less than a slip regardless of slip cost.

Charging dock or boat length, whichever is greater is common. They only charge by boat length in my prior state. I declined a 45‘ slip for a 36’ boat as the cost difference adds up $5000 in 5 years which I rather spend on the boat.

Outside winter storage in Maine costs nearly as much as a slip! And, 300% more than my prior marina in Connecticut.

Captinlon, Great Island had a mooring open up yesterday. Might give Kristin a call. She returned calls and sounds nice. I didn’t hear back from Dolphin.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make

mattreed

Lieutenant
I live in Georgetown. 10 minutes from Robinhood. Let me know if you have any questions about the area or need anything.

Top Bottom