need help with 28' terry jason

128kenny

Lieutenant
Boat Make
28 terry jason
going to look at 2006 terry jason with yanmar 240 is that enough power for 3 maybe four with ice , 120 gals puttin around stellwagon from sandwhitch at 16-18 knots any help with owners

Marine Nut

Ensign
Boat Make
between boats
4LH--Enough Power ??

Why not seatrial the boat with full fuel, 3-5 55 gallon barrels of water and 3 of your friends on it.. Running out light will tell you nothing.

That particular engine needs to see not less that 3300 RPM ( 3450 is recommended by YANMAR) at WOT when the boat is loaded as you intend to use it.. Nothing else really matters what may be said here as each boat/engine combo has it's own unique characteristics.

When the dust settles, it will end up being the HP available at a SAFE CRUISE RPM, versus the weight YOU NEED to use it at.

Wes

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
Agree with loading up for the sea trial, I have done that on but only did 2 barrels on a 32'. Lets be realistic, you want to put 3-5 on a boat? A 55 gallon barrel, 8lbs/gal, 440lbs per barrel?

I used to put 3 55 gallon barrels of diesel on during my longer canyon trips on a 40' HH with a 800HP Cat and noticed it, not bad at all but noticed it. What do you think adding up to 5 barrels on a 28' boat?

Full fuel, two people a barrel of water is enough to give you a good idea. I can also tell you to be careful as the foot print weight must be over a good support and tied down. Some decks built on the wrong deck could be disaster and really piss the owner off.

I fish out of Sandwich in the spring and fall off my general marine 26. Figure Stellwagon, closest point is just over an hour at cruise. Sandwich is a great spot in regards to that, glad you got in on the closed wait list after 14 years.

128kenny

Lieutenant
Boat Make
28 terry jason
hi shawn, thanks i bought the tj 28' 2006 white one,just waiting for sea trial, should go fine with only 215 hrs, he bought a bigger boat for wife with all the bells and whistle, she did not like the boat so i got a hell of a deal, thank you guys for all the help i really appreciate all the help, look forward to see you on the water thanks agian kenny

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
Good luck with it! I'll probably stop by sometime as I'm always down in Sandwich and at times my boat is there. Is this the TJ 28 that was in Sandwich proud mary or another one?

Thomas

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Terry Jason 28
A cruise about 17 knots loaded does great congratulations I think you will enjoy it

Top Bottom