Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
Will trade you a radar for the GM26..
Question - you looking for a 'stand alone' radar display, or would you willing to consider a 'Multi-Function) display that can accepted a networked radar and function, more or less, as a 'dedicated' radar display. I only ask because of the limited yet relatively expensive options for a quality stand alone system. I do love stand alone systems, w/ a dedicated set of knobs for adjusting gain/clutter/rain etc, but the industry has, for the most part, gone in the direction of the latter 'MFD' solution.. Also, important to know - what size display did you have in mind, and are you OK with a radome or looking to put an open array on that boat?

Egretparadise

Lieutenant
Boat Make
General Marine 26
I am looking at a stand alone. If I were to buy new, I would get the sitex T 760.

I really don't have the $1500 setting around and was hoping to find a open box or refurbished unit that would suffice. Maybe I should ask my wife for the $1500 and just get the sitex?

31jcptown

Commander
Boat Make
91 31 JC P-Town
best Radar for the money

I am also looking into replacing my old standalone unit here are some of my needs

closed array is fine with me
looking for a unit that could fit in a space that is 13 inches wide by 16 inches long
Could be MFD dont really have a preference
one thing i really would like is split screen option one that will show radar at 1/8 or 1/4 mile while the other shows 1 or 3 miles or further

I dont need to to the shore line 36 miles away as we all know with out the height u can see that far anyway

Need a good unit cable of doing 8-16 miles looking for draggers and such

whats a good unit and what is ball park figure

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
I have a simrad ca-50 plotter and radar with a 4kw dome that was a spare unit for my old boat, don't really need it any more. Had it gone through by a local electronics shop they gave it a clean bill of health comes with brand new gps antenna in the box which was 90 bucks. Asking 750 and it's located in Portland Maine

Top Bottom