New 23 Calvin

Tumblehome

Lieutenant Commander
Here is a pic I robbed from a local dealer's website. This looks like a sweet ride. It's hard to put a wheel house on these smaller DE's and have it look decent, but they have pulled it off with this one (imo). Jim Beal's shop in Milbridge, Me. builds these boats for the dealer. The dealer claims a 20 knot cruise with 115 hp, at 4gph fuel burn. What's not to like about that? :)
Calvin_23.jpg

Calvin_23.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Tumblehome

Lieutenant Commander
Very well proportioned, got a base price with that power??

Is there a keel on the bottom?

Good questions, for which I have no answers. The info on the dealer's site is pretty sparse for those of us who need details :confused:. I was hopeful someone on the site might be able to offer more details on this hull.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
At the Portland Boat Show that rig w/ a Yamaha 115HP was around 52K. Not sure if the trailer was included in the price (I think not) We are having one built this Winter.

Aspiration33

Lieutenant
Very well proportioned, got a base price with that power??

Is there a keel on the bottom?

There is a little bit of Keel for stability, and I believe that to put a Honda 150BF on that boat you will be looking at Closer to 60,000. I think it is about 45,000 to have the boat finished, plus the cost of the outboard.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
There is a little bit of Keel for stability, and I believe that to put a Honda 150BF on that boat you will be looking at Closer to 60,000. I think it is about 45,000 to have the boat finished, plus the cost of the outboard.

Sounds about right. Honda BF150 will set you back $16,500-$17,000 now-a-days. Plus another $1500.00-$1700.00 for hydraulic steering. Add a trailer & it's $65.000 all-in. Maybe even a tad more when you have all my electronics installed.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power

Aspiration33?
You still have your 23 Calvin for sale??
I think I spoke with you and your wife back in late summer
when the listing 1st appeared on craigslist. Yes???

I'm still considering a small 22-23 lobster boat. All is on hold til this coming summer.

Good luck with ALL!!

Bill D

Tumblehome

Lieutenant Commander
8'6" but it feels roomier once you're on the deck. If you like deck space (like my wife & I do) she is very wide. We purchased this boat "exactly" for this reason.

Thanks for the info guys, and good luck with your new ride magnolia. Looking forward to some pics when you bring her home. :cool:

Aspiration33

Lieutenant
Aspiration33?
You still have your 23 Calvin for sale??
I think I spoke with you and your wife back in late summer
when the listing 1st appeared on craigslist. Yes???

I'm still considering a small 22-23 lobster boat. All is on hold til this coming summer.

Good luck with ALL!!

Bill D
BillD, I sold the boat about 3 months ago, I sold it to a close fellow lobsterman here in Jonesport. Yes you spoke with me through email, I dont believe we ever got to the pictures stage, just a few words of info.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
23 Calvin

when i was having my wayne beal built in 1996 i had seen a 23 outside jim beals place i had to stop and ask about it because it was such a nice boat....it was only 18,000 dollars back then....wow i cant believe how much these boats have gone up because of the price of resin

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
BillD, I sold the boat about 3 months ago, I sold it to a close fellow lobsterman here in Jonesport. Yes you spoke with me through email, I dont believe we ever got to the pictures stage, just a few words of info.

Great, I'm glad you sold the boat. Nice to have some $cash$ hopefully to shop for the next one !!!!

easyridersfd

Lieutenant
calvin beal 23

has anyone seen what is available below deck. is there enough room for a small berthing area and other storage thanks

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
has anyone seen what is available below deck. is there enough room for a small berthing area and other storage thanks

Easy: I am on vacation @ the moment (Naples, FL.) but I'll be back early next week. I have a TON of pics of the CB 23' Please PM me & send me your e-mail address & I'll forward them to you once I get back to my main computer @ home base.

Magnolia Sun

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway 24' Hardtop Sport
thanks for the quick reply i am not sure how to pm you for email address you can email at [email protected] thanks again

Not a problem. I'll forward them over either Sunday or Monday. Just don't freak out if you see a bunch of attachments when I shoot it over. I am so wierd about opening anything that I don't know where it is coming from.

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
Easy: I am on vacation @ the moment (Naples, FL.) but I'll be back early next week. I have a TON of pics of the CB 23' Please PM me & send me your e-mail address & I'll forward them to you once I get back to my main computer @ home base.

Magnolia!!!!!! post a couple hundred lbs. of your CB 23 pics here on the forum !!!!!
Thanks,
Bill D

Top Bottom