New 23' Crowley Beal Downeaster:

WC1966

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Webbers Cove 34
After reading comments from people that have not seen the boat or spoken w/the seller, I regret having posted the listing.

Last edited:

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
I have seen this before and thought the price was a bit high. The way he states "The motor, electrical, plumbing, steering, cleats, chocks and other items will have to be installed by the new owner", seems to indicate he has a motor, electronics etc but I am sure that is not the case. Plus no trailer.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Sounds like guy ran outta money or ran outta time...You can buy these fully rigged for like 55 right...? That case you'd be better off doing that!

hfpd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34 Webber Cove / 19 General Marine
I like the boat and it a great hull but 33k for a hull? That being said I would grab it at 16k.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
@Frank no bash intended....especially if we knew you were one of us!

The boat is gorgeous - we are just wondering why you wanna give her up?
Stay the course, finish her and run her!

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I like the boat and it a great hull but 33k for a hull? That being said I would grab it at 16k.

For 16 you'd be lucky to buy the hull alone. Hull, stringers and top for a 22 Sisu is almost 18. If you have deck, windows, tank, rails, boot stripe, gel coat done I bet your over the asking price of this boat.

hfpd

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34 Webber Cove / 19 General Marine
I like the boat, it is a great hull. This is bashing? Since when is everybody so thin skinned? I would love to own this boat resonable but I won't pay what the boys are asking in Maine these days. They used to be able to build great boat at reasonable prices.

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
I like the boat, it is a great hull. This is bashing? Since when is everybody so thin skinned? I would love to own this boat resonable but I won't pay what the boys are asking in Maine these days. They used to be able to build great boat at reasonable prices.

All that means is you won't own a new boat or a turn key . Another words I don't think the cost of materials , labor, etc is going down.
This guy probably has that and much more into this boat, not including many , many hours . Untill you buy a hull then start adding a thousand here and a thousand there, its very tough to judge. It adds up very fast.
I've been guilty of chiming in the prices of some used boats before . This was before I started looking at new builds. For that I regret. The problem is the economy has put a lot in a position to have to sell. This intern has put many buyers aspects of used boat prices a bit low.

Said I would never get involved in another thread like this , but I guess I can't help myself. They never end well.

Last edited:

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
This is the downside to selling a boat using the internets these days. Even if you don't list a DE on here the listing will find it's way here, probably about 5 mins after it is put up, and then the opinions come a-flyin'. Everybody's got one, and everyone has their own "perceived" value of a given boat.

I've seen boats, cars, trucks, etc etc posted on message boards that sold for twice what I personally though they were worth, and I've seen others that took an unwarranted bashing from people who had no idea what they were talking about. That's the nature of the beast. Word-of-mouth or a good ol' newspaper add may just be the most painless way to sell a boat these days.

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
At 55, I'm still learning the lessons my parents taught me...case in point, the wifey comes home with a Blendtec blender from Costco...$300...WTF ??? I says !! She then proceeds to demonstrate...It pulverizes the SEEDS on frozen strawberries !! AMERICAN MADE...8 YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY....DRAWS 6 AMPS !! Fucker's built like a Sherman tank.....The thing is...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR......This is the cost today of buying something made in this country, where you pay a fellow American, and craftsman, the price of goods made by one of our own......yes, there are cheaper boats out there, made by big companies, but this is a one-off hull made by an individual small company.... JMHO.....BTW, love this site, all hulls downeast,(and even the Chesapeake dead-rise), and respect just about all the boat owners opinions set forth. STAY WELL...AND GOD BLESS AMERICA ! NOWHERE else on this planet do people have our freedoms....also, go to the Blendtec site, watch the parody "Will it blend?" and watch what that fucker does to an I-Phone.....

Hooper

Captain
I agree with above, price out your new DE as you want it, than shop used. You'll be happier and have a more educated perspective.

Top Bottom