New 46' Wesmac Outboard Design

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Does anyone know if that is a fair deal for those motors with that amount of hours? What will the re-power cost him minus the sale of the old engines? $60K? - $19K = 41K/2145hrs= $19.11 per hour to run the boat without any maintenance or fuel.
I’d have a hard time paying $9500 for a 10 year old outboard with 2100+ hours. Also most of that “major service” is what I consider yearly maintenance. The engine with the new power head could be worth some money tho but I’m not sure what. FWIW

cb34

Rear Admiral
I guess any honest Commercial Tuna Fishing Boat would not choose the 4 outboard option. They would need 12 foot long rods to clear the power head. ha ha
Not to worry Comm Tuna guy could not afford the boat even if they where on the show.....

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Does anyone know if that is a fair deal for those motors with that amount of hours? What will the re-power cost him minus the sale of the old engines? $60K? - $19K = 41K/2145hrs= $19.11 per hour to run the boat without any maintenance or fuel.
Here’s a good comp for ya. This is where I’d be spending my money

D6073A18-8B25-47A9-A519-A96277BD1FEE.png

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
Ya. Nah. Good for the builders if they've got buyers. Two outboards is enough. After that, you're just multiplying the headaches. My preference was always the "right" dependable single. Weren't the Etechs supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread? Everyone I know that has them now despises them. For that kind of slop I'd opt for the magic diesel on a real Downeast boat. Not sure that hull qualifies. But I'll tell you what I'll do. When I get back to Maine I'll go see Mac and Alice Pettergrow, listen to the "bad penny" routine and ask Mac what he thinks. Or maybe Chummy Rich. He helped a buddy of mine with a beautiful old Rich wooden boat and taught him how to "drive it like you stole it" a couple years ago. Putting outboards on a semi-displacement hull is show - but that's just my opinion. People should get a damn boat and enjoy it or work it to death, whatever the proclivity, inboard or outboard. Eyes wide open.

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
Jeez. The LAST thing I'm going to do is start thinking that way, or I'll never get a bigger boat. Just kidding, but yeah, stop it. You're making me reach for the calculator. And the wife is in the next room.

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
True as long as you dont launch off a humpback on the way out.
That's been done off a blue whale 4 miles off Trinidad, CA. One of the Oldest Son's buddies. Airborne sideways. Said all he saw was an eye the size of a serving plate looking directly at him, landed and nothing. Dented the hell out of the aluminum boat. Spilled his beer. They were going out 6 miles for halibut & salmon. Very short debate, since the boat wasn't leaking, regarding 2 miles out versus 4 miles in. But these kids used to crab all winter, so as long as your boat floats . . . Took him out fishing and hauling crab pots the next day on the 50 footer and he was watching for whales the whole time. A little shell shocked. But those blues are big critters. And we saw a LOT of them.

Wiretime

Lieutenant

Here is another dumb build. This sportfisher has quads and no rod holders but it does have a stripper pole.

Must be built for WA state, that's about the only thing legal to do on the water. It's to the point now where I am looking at next boat not to run to the canyons - but international/canadian water so I can actually fish when I have my vacation booked. My blackmouth fishing trip in 2 weeks is off because the state decided to end the season early. So now I wish the boat had a stripper pole instead of rod holders - is that actually what that is for?

Downrigga

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
Must be built for WA state, that's about the only thing legal to do on the water. It's to the point now where I am looking at next boat not to run to the canyons - but international/canadian water so I can actually fish when I have my vacation booked. My blackmouth fishing trip in 2 weeks is off because the state decided to end the season early. So now I wish the boat had a stripper pole instead of rod holders - is that actually what that is for?
Yes. Look at the boom box.

Top Bottom