Admiral
Lite User

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
I started investing in the Milwaukee Packout System. My current electrical kit includes a hard case with soft organizer inside, a 5 gallon bucket of wire, and a fish tote full of the big stuff and battery cable crimpers.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

harpoon83

Commodore
First Name
Colin
All my boat electrical stuff I keep in an old tackle box. Flip it open and there are 3 levels of divided trays for crimps, fuses, and tape and all that good stuff. The bottom holds the crimpers, a few screw drivers, spare wire, pliers and wrenches.

I have been renovating a house for my sister and brother in-law after work, my carpentry tools get moved around in fish totes. Cords, hoses, tool belt, skill saw, nail gun, and any of hand tool all fit into 1 box.
The box gets heavy, but its nice to be able to just grab the box and my pancake compressor from the garage and head to the job site. The down side, is I still end up with drill bags, levels, and random shit in the backseat of my truck.

I was tempted to buy a construction trailer and load it up, but I couldn't justify the cost of a trailer for the few side jobs that I do. A few more jobs and maybe...

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Tenacity

1st Mate
First Name
Dominic
Boat Make
25 T-Jason
I love my backpack tool bags. Have one for electrical and one for Sea Trial stuff. They work great.

CaptainDrew

Deckhand
First Name
Drew
The old craftsman bag had finally let go. I tried to get a few more miles out of it but it was a no go. I had a couple gift cards for Lowes burning a hole in my wallet so last night I went out and picked up a new “backpack” style tool bag. Now this is just my electrical tools. I have a pretty modular system for tools. For general work I just use a 5 gallon bucket and take what I need from my big tool box. I have a Decom/commissioning bag, that has a removable “zinc and battery” bag, and my electrical bag.
View attachment 137430 View attachment 137431 View attachment 137433 View attachment 137432 View attachment 137434 View attachment 137435 View attachment 137436 View attachment 137437 View attachment 137438 View attachment 137439
Veto pro PAC is the way to go. Several different styles. Expensive but we’ll with it.

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Whatever your using… make sure you look at the shoulder sling hardware occasionally. I’ve almost lost a few bags of tools as I was stepping over the rail from the dock, launch or dinghy. At least two close calls for me. A makita bag and a Stanley bag.

Scrib

Deckhand
First Name
Bob
Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
I’ve had one of these on board for decades (can’t remember which model) -
The ToolPaks; tool organizing packs and bags from Lakewood, Washington

I’m on #2 bag only ‘cause the first one was stole off the boat one winter … along with my very expensive foul weather gear and a really big LLBean tote bag. $900 to replace all tools I lost along with that institutional memory of where all tools were in the bag!

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

TxMike

Deckhand
First Name
Mike
The old craftsman bag had finally let go. I tried to get a few more miles out of it but it was a no go. I had a couple gift cards for Lowes burning a hole in my wallet so last night I went out and picked up a new “backpack” style tool bag. Now this is just my electrical tools. I have a pretty modular system for tools. For general work I just use a 5 gallon bucket and take what I need from my big tool box. I have a Decom/commissioning bag, that has a removable “zinc and battery” bag, and my electrical bag.
View attachment 137430 View attachment 137431 View attachment 137433 View attachment 137432 View attachment 137434 View attachment 137435 View attachment 137436 View attachment 137437 View attachment 137438 View attachment 137439
I had bought a set of three of those craftsman bags years ago. My wife swiped the smallest one and used it for a purse for a couple years. Not a slave to fashion, her purse was yet always a hit.
Klein tools has a great one

PBianculli

1st Mate
First Name
Phil
Boat Make
Fortier 26
I had three veto bags. I did like them, but they never seemed to hold enough stuff. The bigger ones that would carry everything would probably weigh 50+ pounds loaded.

I just ordered a large snap on bag, I’m gonna give that a shot.

Top Bottom