New England chlorox show

Bill

Founder
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Posts
5,652
Likes
5,912
Location
Hull, Ma
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Attended the boat show this past weekend . I just like to go cause it's a sign of spring but wow. It amazing how these boat companies have Americans fooled. The 20 Mitchell cove was there, seaway and fortier had this bass boat they just built. Other than that not much to look at besides engines.. Happy spring

image.jpg
 

Keelboater

Admiral
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Posts
6,261
Likes
4,648
Location
Clinton Harbor
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I'm surprised that you can still borrow money to buy land fill. Didn't anyone learn anythying since 2008? That goes for both bankers and buyers.
 

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Posts
6,193
Likes
4,849
Location
Boothbay, Me
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Posts
7,498
Likes
3,518
Location
Westbrook, CT (The Asshole State)
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

petrel

Rear Admiral
Joined
Dec 17, 2011
Posts
1,583
Likes
380
Location
NC
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Perfect for the dwarf helmsman.
 

BillD

Admiral
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Posts
7,378
Likes
2,993
Location
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
The VAST majority, VAST majority, of boats plying the waterways and oceans are "Clorox bottles".

Shiny production boats with "blue book" values for lending institutions.

I spent Saturday along the coast of Bonita Springs/Naples FL.

100s/1000s of boats on canals, in marinas etc.

99% Clorox bottles....the other 1% yachts.

Go figure !!:D
 

petrel

Rear Admiral
Joined
Dec 17, 2011
Posts
1,583
Likes
380
Location
NC
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Not surprising when you consider a lot of other crap that appeals to the masses. Stimulates the economy, I suppose, when people buy all that junk and take to the water w/ no instruction. Keeps you on your toes boating in those places w/ a pleasant climate and people w/ lots of "disposable" income (or maybe just enough borrowing power?)
 

Bill

Founder
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Posts
5,652
Likes
5,912
Location
Hull, Ma
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
No I know most of the boats out there are bottles.. It just amazes me how foolish American people can be .I get the same sort of pissed at dunkin donuts. They have Americans hooked on brown water.
 

Prdlobster

Commander
Joined
Dec 25, 2011
Posts
409
Likes
199
Location
Pt Judith RI
Mitchell Cove 20

Attended the boat show this past weekend . I just like to go cause it's a sign of spring but wow. It amazing how these boat companies have Americans fooled. The 20 Mitchell cove was there, seaway and fortier had this bass boat they just built. Other than that not much to look at besides engines.. Happy spring

Bill did you get any pics of the Mitchell Cove 20?
 

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Posts
2,032
Likes
628
Location
NORTHPORT
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
No I know most of the boats out there are bottles.. It just amazes me how foolish American people can be .I get the same sort of pissed at dunkin donuts. They have Americans hooked on brown water.[/QUOTE

Thats why I actually prefer 711's coffee. Make it your self and gotta hand it to the Pakastani's, they really know how to keep the coffee fresh and cheap :D
 

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Posts
3,485
Likes
1,274
Location
Bay Pointe Marina, Quincy MA
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
If he didn't I'll take one for you Lobster, going on Sunday hopefully West Marine'll be giving their stuff away since it'll be last day of the show!
 

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Posts
1,794
Likes
839
Location
N41°41'46.91" W070°15'35.13"
First Name
John
Yeah I'm going on Saturday (hopefully) and will try to grab a pic of the MC.

This boat show has always been something to look forward to for me as a sign that spring and summer are around the corner. When I was a kid all I cared about was the little whalers, now I wish there were more boats I was interested in, but it's nice to get out of the house for a few hours and pretend it's not 25 out.
 

thebridge

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Posts
122
Likes
10
20 ft Mitchell Cove was a nice boat. I believe the price tag was 71G....Ouch! Show was good I thought. Midweek and not that crowded
 

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Posts
3,485
Likes
1,274
Location
Bay Pointe Marina, Quincy MA
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
I think we all regret having the show moved from Bayside to the BCEC I think the price structure of the BCEC vs Bayside means more of the realistic boats for regular people were priced out.

Of course we "voted" on it. I am sure the recession knocked quite a few out of the game but is it me or was the Bayside show much better???
 
Top Bottom