New Exhaust riser and mixer.

gmac

Captain
Only had about 4" of rise from turbo to waterline so made a new riser and mixer. All T316 stainless steel, machined flange to fit new turbo housing. With this I will be about 12" so hopefully save the new turbo housing..

1st pic is what it was..
Others are as I fab it.

FWIW

IMG_00000318.jpg

IMG_00000468.jpg

IMG_00000469.jpg

blackdiamond296

1st Mate
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
Very nice looking job.

Curious - any consideration or need for putting in a support on the downhill side, somewhere near that blue material? I have no concept of how heavy the piece is, just wondering.

sams

Deckhand
Nice looking installation. You will want to watch your temps at lower speed to make sure that water is getting to the top of the spray ring. If it is running warm at lower speed close up some of the open area at the bottom to boost pressure at the top of the ring.

Highest temps will probably occur right before the turbo kicks in.

sam

gmac

Captain
It really is not heavy and the bulk head is right there, maybe 6" from mixer so has support from there.

Will check for hot spots.

hatterasser

Deckhand
Boat Make
33 uniflite (old capt gig), 26 shamrock, 15 skiff, 21 beach dory
In my eye, truly works of art both yourself jwalka and others nice to have the knowledge and resources. Would having your water inlet up top help disperse the water more evenly and possibly avoid hot spots? nonetheless pretty work

cb34

Admiral
In my eye, truly works of art both yourself jwalka and others nice to have the knowledge and resources. Would having your water inlet up top help disperse the water more evenly and possibly avoid hot spots? nonetheless pretty work

"Inlet on top" the idea is to keep the water down hill from the turbo

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
I wondered the same but I think he meant put the inlet itself on the highest point on top instead of coming in at the side as the pic shows. Kinda makes sense if you have the room. On the support concern, if the engine is on soft mounts, being close to the bulkhead would add stress I would think.

hatterasser

Deckhand
Boat Make
33 uniflite (old capt gig), 26 shamrock, 15 skiff, 21 beach dory
Oops musta took my stupid pill too early this am.i realize it's in a water jacket.

Top Bottom