New filter and fuel treatment

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
So installed my premium bulk filter from Seaboard Marine, have to say that primer bulb I wish I did decade's ago. Primed the whole fuel system from dry in about two minutes including filling up the Racor 1000 size, 19513 and engine filter.

I did just throw this together mostly with fittings I had left over from other projects from years past. Will do it from discount hydraulic hose.com online this winter.

Anyone ever see this fuel treatment? From the reading of the label that Biobor at West Marine looks to be more of a conditioner than to help against algae problems that are already there.

Saw this down at Jamestown Distributors and picked it up. The label is different than what I see online and someone said Parker is selling it now, not sure how true that is.

Fuel Power Marketing | PETROLABS

I really do not like using treatment, but thinking I might have to here. On ships its nice to treatfuel outside of the tanks that you burn fuel in of course its purified then sent through two more filters.

Anyone ever use it?

photo (5).jpg

photo (6).jpg

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
One thing that disapointed me was this. I ordered two spare filters from Seaboard when I got my filter. Trying to find a local replacement was not easy for the FS19513. I did just pick up two at Napa today but they are only about 2/3's the length of the original. They are also about $8 more than the FS19513 as well as twice as expensive from Fleetfilter.com where I ordered my older filters. Probably go back to seaboard and or look at my local baldwin dealer to see what they are like, but he too does not stock them.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
One thing that disapointed me was this. I ordered two spare filters from Seaboard when I got my filter. Trying to find a local replacement was not easy for the FS19513. I did just pick up two at Napa today but they are only about 2/3's the length of the original. They are also about $8 more than the FS19513 as well as twice as expensive from Fleetfilter.com where I ordered my older filters. Probably go back to seaboard and or look at my local baldwin dealer to see what they are like, but he too does not stock them.

Call Brad !!!! :D

Digger

Lieutenant
Baldwin BF915 should work but doesn't have a friendly drain. Just a bolt.

Digger

Lieutenant
Shawn the Baldwin I suggested will not replace the FS19513. I have a earlier or different Starboard marine system. I realized as I look at the FS19513 sitting on a shelf behind my desk that I bought and didn't fit.

image.jpg

Top Bottom