New Gale Banks 6.6 Marine Duramax Diesel

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
New on the market.. supposedly up to 575 hp..

[YOUTUBE]M32tIPCchTA[/YOUTUBE]

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Sweet, he does some crazy stuff with Diesel applications.
ya been trying to find out the price on these to post on here but I think its gonna take a phone call.. havent been able to find anything.. prob double than what I have been pricing out

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
New on the market.. supposedly up to 575 hp..

[YOUTUBE]M32tIPCchTA[/YOUTUBE]
We run 2006 to 2011 gm vans with these duramaxs in them stock units but they have been incredible very little problems compared to our 6.0 ford / vt365 international. I would not be afraid to try one in aboat if you can fit it.

8943post

Commander
Boat Make
33 Duffy
I think it was in 2003 when Gale Banks took a street legal Dodge Dakota with a 5.9 Cummins to Bonneville and ran a two way average of 217 mph. Once finished with the record run he simply changed the tires, hooked up to the trailer containg the spare race parts and drove back to L.A... with trailer in tow.

Banks is amazing and in his 70's! Very cool SoCal gearhead.

Found my way over here from Noreast.com, Hello All!

Last edited:

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I think it was in 2003 when Gale Banks took a street legal Dodge Dakota with a 5.9 Cummins to Bonneville and ran a two way average of 217 mph. Once finished with the record run he simply changed the tires, hooked up to the trailer containg the spare race parts and drove back to L.A... with trailer in tow.

Banks is amazing and in his 70's! Very cool SoCal gearhead.

Found my way over here from Noreast.com, Hello All!
Post some pics of your 33 stretch Duffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mot of us from noreast are here. Lots of posting activity here!

yanmar

Captain
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
We run 2006 to 2011 gm vans with these duramaxs in them stock units but they have been incredible very little problems compared to our 6.0 ford / vt365 international. I would not be afraid to try one in aboat if you can fit it.
Unclefish , We have a fleet of 6.0 liter Fords and they truly are a horrible design . Turbos , egr's . high pressure oil switches are main problems and also a few that are building too much crankcase pressure causing oil leaks . They actually lift the cabs off the frame to do serious work @ the local Ford dealership . Looking foward to doing one myself ................lol augggggghhhhh

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Top Bottom