New Guy with 34' Webbers Cove

Crab Potter

Ensign
Hi gents,

I am a commercial fisherman in NC. I bought a 1970 34' Webbers Cove this spring. It's got a CAT 3208 Nat. No speed demon, but does the job.

Does anyone have any idea what this thing weighs?

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
My 35 Duffy weighed about 14,000 lbs per the boatyard's travel-lift scale. It was a pretty basic charter boat.

I would guuess your's probably weighs in the 12,000 to 14,000 range as well. As I recall, a 3208N weighs about 2100lbs with the gear.

fishinwishin

Lieutenant
Hi gents,

I am a commercial fisherman in NC. I bought a 1970 34' Webbers Cove this spring. It's got a CAT 3208 Nat. No speed demon, but does the job.

Those were build like brick out houses. Still part of the cross over from wood to glass period. The theory was the more the better . There came to be a saying that you could build 2 boats now from what they use to use then to build one boat. Those were important steps to bring us to what downeast boats are today. You have a real classic there and was state of the art for that stage of progress. It probably weighs alot for a small 34fter. Any professionaly build boat of compairable size wouldn't weight anywhere near that much now.

harborguy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
34 webbers cove
hi crab potter i got one too! mines a 1971 i got it 2 years ago, no its in in the driveway for rehab. it had a 470 cummins in it , gonna try to get some more speed this time around.

boat pics nov 2011 130.jpg

boat pics nov 2011 030.jpg

Crab Potter

Ensign
This is what it looked like when I bought it.

I took a sawzall to it when I got home! Had to work out of it right away.

boat_sale_hardy1.jpg

boat_sale_hardy2.jpg

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
Hi gents,

My guess you use this for commercial crab fishin. Do you commercial fish for anything else? Where abouts in nc are ya.

Top Bottom