New hauler

Fvdestiny

Commander
Website
www.destinyfishingscharters.com
Boat Make
38 northern bay green stick boat/30 Calvin beal tuna boat/20 Seacraft Master Angler
Just installed new 12 hauler and pump. Wondering how much your typical install would run for just hoses and labor? The hauler is built into 2nd station and the pump is mounted toward front of engine. I pulled hydraulic tank to add fittings for separate system for hauler as steering is gear driven. I will also have a bandit reel approximately 15 from 2nd station. Any ideas?

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Just installed new 12 hauler and pump. Wondering how much your typical install would run for just hoses and labor? The hauler is built into 2nd station and the pump is mounted toward front of engine. I pulled hydraulic tank to add fittings for separate system for hauler as steering is gear driven. I will also have a bandit reel approximately 15 from 2nd station. Any ideas?

Installing the hoses is the easy part if everything is already been mounted on a new install. Are you asking how much it would cost for someone who is capable of making hoses come down measure, go make, comeback and install? It is what it is. Price per foot, Couplings. Fabrication charge, maybe a couple service calls? If you are running hydraulic hoses 25 feet you can add up fast if you did it yourself . Having someone in the business do it... probably twice as much.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
? Average price for job

there is no average job.

Does a 15ft distance require 15' hose or 25' hose or 40' hose? Does a installer have to crawl in the bilge and feed the hose through places that will take 2 minutes. 10 minutes three hours? Does the installer have to drill and finish his own holes? Does he have to take stuff apart to run hoses that requires xyz time???The guy isn't going to come install hose for 5 hours and charge for 30 minutes of labor and 15 feet of hose if it actually takes 25 feet to make all the turns up to the station and through the bilge. Whatever the case may be.

Regina E

Commander
Website
www.reginaesportfishing.com
Boat Make
35 Duffy #300
I replaced 2 short hoses last fall and did the removal and replacement myself and had a hydraulic shop dupe them.
Hoses came to a little over $200.
2 feet each.
Not cheap but if I had elected stainless fittings the price would have doubled.

pugsley

Captain
I replaced 2 short hoses last fall and did the removal and replacement myself and had a hydraulic shop dupe them.
2 feet each.

no sense in putting stainless fittings, the wire in the hose usually rots about the same time as the ends. put some of that grease tape on the ends and they will definetly outlast the hose

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
200 bucks for 4 feet,I would say you literally got hosed.

Some of that aircraft hydraulic hose runs big money. They do work. No better than the normal stuff though. I think my 2 steering hoses were a little over $400 for 30 feet each. I get a little extra and get the emergancy repair connections just in case I blow a hose while I'm out. Do the repair and order new hoses.

Curmudgeon

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' Stanley, 40 Webbers Cove, 19 Ocean Pointer
If you have the time to wait hoses from Mcmaster-Carr are less money if they have the sizes you need. Don't go stainless fittings use grease tape on steel ( petrowrap or densyl-tape ). The steel will look like new years later if you work the tape in when you install it.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
2 feet each.
next time you need hydraulic stuff give me a ring....thats way to much money for hoses Chet

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
Most always a industrial hydraulic supply place will be cheaper than anyone else and have any fitting you need including ways to adapt weird fittings. example is a Volvo 2ft hose for remote oil filter was 350.00 due to special end fitting and I adapted to standard hyd for 80.00

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Figure out what you need. Drive to local truck or heavy equiptment shop and tell them. They will make them up for you.

Install hoses.

money saved

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
if you were up in maine we have a great hydraulics shop in topsham, lonnies hydraulics, he has a service truck with every hose, fitting or anything you could ever need right on it, pulls up next to the boat and cuts and measures everything right on site and makes em up right in the truck, i had him hose up my 14 in hauler w its own tank and a power steering loop with its own tank and new lines back to the ram and i think it was like $1200 for a 35 foot lobster boat, worth absolutely every penny, didnt have to drive and get one part, or fuck around with anything. started at 7 or 8 and we were done by noon...and it is clean and neat and no jumbled hoses cuz u make em up one at a time and then run em....

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
if you were up in maine we have a great hydraulics shop in topsham, lonnies hydraulics, he has a service truck with every hose, fitting or anything you could ever need right on it, pulls up next to the boat and cuts and measures everything right on site and makes em up right in the truck, i had him hose up my 14 in hauler w its own tank and a power steering loop with its own tank and new lines back to the ram and i think it was like $1200 for a 35 foot lobster boat, worth absolutely every penny, didnt have to drive and get one part, or fuck around with anything. started at 7 or 8 and we were done by noon...and it is clean and neat and no jumbled hoses cuz u make em up one at a time and then run em....
Holy cow....iam goin into the hydraulic business....1200 bucks for 4 hours work....i will drive to Guiford CT and do the job.....i gotta catch alot of summer flounder to make that..lol

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
Holy cow....iam goin into the hydraulic business....1200 bucks for 4 hours work....i will drive to Guiford CT and do the job.....i gotta catch alot of summer flounder to make that..lol

ya but that includes all the hoses and fittings, it was 300 bucks for the service call w the truck and i think 60/hr for the work, pretty reasonable if you ask me.....and again i didnt have to mess with a thing it was worth every penny

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
ya but that includes all the hoses and fittings, it was 300 bucks for the service call w the truck and i think 60/hr for the work, pretty reasonable if you ask me.....and again i didnt have to mess with a thing it was worth every penny

I'd do that in a second if there was a guy like that here. Nobody around here does that sort of thing anymore. You either have to do the work yourself or get someone to do it and then pay them to go drive to a hose maker and wait around. Luckily there has to be a half dozen places that can make hoses within 15 miles.

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom