New Member / BHM 36

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
36' Custom BHM, Flye Pointe Marine
How did I not find this forum until now?

We have owned our BHM 36 for eighteen years, boating stricktly on the West Coast of Washington State (San Juan Islands and the Gulf Islands of British Columbia, Canada).

"Happy Destiny" is her name, and she is powered by a 3126 Cat, 420hp.

The beautifully designed interior was executed by an Alaskan cabinet maker back in '89/'90.

We are just about to execute a total remake, with upholstery, carpet, window coverings and a new fly bridge enclosure (haven't decided yet on whether to order a glass enclosure from Atlantic Boat Co, or have it fabricated in aluminum here in Bellingham).

P1010554.jpg

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
What's with the :)? It happened to me earlier trying to make a smiley face also. Welcome aboard! Nice Bhm!

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
That is a nice looking rig you have there. Welcome.

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Carey- My dad and I were walking the docks a few days ago and saw your boat. Another guy on this forum, "Teaserhead" owns a 32 BHM and mentioned there was a 36 BHM in the harbor. There are a lot of aluminum fabricators in this area, but the guy I use has built aluminum enclosures before and he is the best welder I know of. I know a lot of welders, and no one is more meticulous than him. He has done work on my last 5 boats, and everyone who sees his work is very impressed. If you are interested in his name and number, call me at 816-365-9175.

Brian

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32
Welcome Aboard !!!

You live in God's Country up there !!!!

I spent some time living in Seattle, and have traveled up your way once or twice, Just magnificent !!!!!

Keep us in photos, would love to see the area from a boats perspective :)

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
Cary, you took my advice and joined the forum! You won't be sorry, there is a wealth of DE knowledge on this site! Lets go check out PowderPro's boat together. I have been following his build thread and that 38 Wesmac is shaping up to be a killer fish boat. The shop he's in is close to us as well! Plus I need someone to teach me how to post pics!

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Welcome Aboard !!!

I spent some time living in Seattle, and have traveled up your way once or twice, Just magnificent !!!!!

Mojo,
Will do. I toasted my hard drive a while back and lost most of my photos, but I'll get some new ones soon. In the meantime, here's a couple more.

Carey

sucia_sunset.jpg

Katelyn A

Lieutenant
Boat Make
42 Mussel Ridge
Carey,
Welcome to the Board! I have been north of you a few times to Stuart Island, BC at the mouth of Bute Inlet on a salmon trip. Do you ever travel that far north? It is truly God's country up there! I thought Maine had some beautiful coast line but it really doesn't hold a candle to the fjords and inlets in your area. I love seeing the pics keep em coming it brings me back there again.

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Albert
Yep, I had to join this forum. Seems like a great bunch. I called Powderpro today and discussed checking out his welder, and his Wesmac. I will definitely do that real soon. I'll call you to see if the timing works for you as well.

Last edited:

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Welcome Aboard !!!

Just a few photos from the Pacific NW.

Carey.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Carey- What's your cruise and top speed? What's your fuel burn at cruise and top? What size prop? Looks like your boat runs real nice.

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Kaetlyn
I have only been as far north as Hakai Pass and Rivers Inlet. I didn't have the degree of success fishing up there that my friend did, but he landed a 73# King Salmon up there. Right outside of Hakai Pass is Spider Island, with one side exposed directly to the Pacific Ocean. Just inside of there is fabulous anchorages or a wonderful luxury fishing resort. And the population is around five people per square mile. For me, there is no need to go further north.

carey

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Brian
As you know by now, she is a BHM 36 out of Flye Point Marine in 1990. She is currently powered by a Caterpillar 3126, 420 hp, with a five blade Michigan prop measuring 26" x 24". I went with the five blade to reduce cavitation, as the 26" diameter was getting close to the hull.
The full cruise is achieved at 2400 rpm, generating 14.5 knots and 1.12 nmpg.
The economy cruise is achieved at 1600 rpm, generating 8.4 knots and 2.1 nmpg.

Top Bottom